PDA

View Full Version : Re; Cheltenham Correct Address

Lady Grey
20-11-2017, 20:28
As a point of information, I got the address from the Babel website.
The Brewery Quarter is the name given to the new shopping centre in Cheltenham.
Frankly, this sounds like a petty quibble to me.

There have been many times over recent months, that I have seriously considered stopping contributing to this website. There is precious little acknowledgement or appreciation.

sheffield hatter
21-11-2017, 09:46
As a point of information, I got the address from the Babel website.
The Brewery Quarter is the name given to the new shopping centre in Cheltenham.
Frankly, this sounds like a petty quibble to me.

There have been many times over recent months, that I have seriously considered stopping contributing to this website. There is precious little acknowledgement or appreciation.

Hi Helen,

I tend to agree with you that the address you copied from Babel's own website should be sufficient. Looking into it a bit further, the "Unit 5a" is not of any use in finding the place, so I have amended the full address to "The Brewery Quarter, Henrietta Street".

I am sorry you feel that your efforts on this site are not appreciated. Perhaps the acknowledgement of photos could be less impersonal, but I guess that's the nature of automated emails! I know that I often think, when I see your pub photos, that you have obviously taken a lot of trouble in framing the shot and getting the lighting right, and carefully avoiding adding passing people or traffic to the image. I know from my own experience how tricky that can be. Perhaps there should be a "like" button for pub photos! I'll suggest it to Dave.

I do hope that you'll continue to contribute to Pubs Galore.

Lady Grey
22-11-2017, 12:39
I know that I often think, when I see your pub photos, that you have obviously taken a lot of trouble in framing the shot and getting the lighting right, and carefully avoiding adding passing people or traffic to the image. I know from my own experience how tricky that can be. Perhaps there should be a "like" button for pub photos! I'll suggest it to Dave.

I do hope that you'll continue to contribute to Pubs Galore.

Thank you for your reply. I'm afraid my comments were fuelled by some difficulties that happen in life, and I allowed them to spill out onto the forum I apologise for that.

Please don't add a like button, it might compromise the credibility of the website.