PDA

View Full Version : One of the worst crawls I've done.

Strongers
04-06-2010, 20:43
Yesterday I did a crawl of West Drayton, Hayes and Southall which has to be one of the worst and I'm glad that I do not have to return to these postcodes. I think that the crawl was summed up by the fact only two out of the fourteen pubs I visited had real ale, but three of the pubs had regular strippers.

Even the Wetherspoons I visited only had Ruddles, Pride and Moorhouse's Pride of Pendell.

hopwas
04-06-2010, 20:56
Reminds me of my worst ever pub crawl in Burntwood...

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?787-Possibly-World-s-worst-pub-crawl

Mind you it was during The Big Freeze last Jan.

oldboots
05-06-2010, 09:20
My Wednesday night crawl through the seamier bits of Liverpool 3 was one never to be repeated, I started in the Lime St station bar then I passed through seven other pubs and bars where the beer was poor to utter carp, none of it real ale. the only high point was a bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. All the places were "interesting", a couple were good pubs in their way but not worth revisiting.

Alesonly
05-06-2010, 09:43
Worst crawl ive done recently was from Angel Road Edmonton Too Ponders End along the Hertford Road Every Pub that was still Open which was very few now was crap not one had any decent Ale on. The only saving grace was the Spoons at Ponders End. Most the good ones I remember from the 70s have been knocked down. :moremad:

Oggwyn Trench
05-06-2010, 09:47
Wellington in Telford is a good place for a bad crawl , 24 pubs , 2 very good 3/4 are OK , the rest are dire , and i mean DIRE

hopwas
05-06-2010, 10:07
2 very good

Is JDW one of them any chance?

Oggwyn Trench
05-06-2010, 11:55
Is JDW one of them any chance?

No ! the JDW in Telford is the Thomas Bottfield in Telford Town Centre , its rubbish , the only other JDW in Telford was the Church Wickets in Dawley , it was trully awfull , though quite good for Dawley !

Paris_Hilton
08-10-2010, 12:49
Wellington in Telford is a good place for a bad crawl , 24 pubs , 2 very good 3/4 are OK , the rest are dire , and i mean DIRE

Wellington in Somerset sounds very similar

an_ecumenical_matter
10-10-2010, 04:21
Wellington in Somerset sounds very similar

Paris may concur. BRIDGWATER,SOMERSET.......................

rpadam
10-10-2010, 08:38
If anybody in London feels bold enough to try a rubbish pub crawl, one could do worse than take the short walk between West Brompton and West Kensington stations along Lillie Road and North End Road. Nasty pub with no real ale follows nasty pub with no real ale; with just one half-decent pub amongst about 10 horrors (well one less now, following the demise of the Seven Stars which must have been an art deco treasure in its heyday).

Millay
10-10-2010, 09:11
If anybody in London feels bold enough to try a rubbish pub crawl, one could do worse than take the short walk between West Brompton and West Kensington stations along Lillie Road and North End Road. Nasty pub with no real ale follows nasty pub with no real ale; with just one half-decent pub amongst about 10 horrors (well one less now, following the demise of the Seven Stars which must have been an art deco treasure in its heyday).

I know the area reasonably well, starts with the awful Imperial Arms and Lille Langtry, then not much on North End Road until the half-decent Cumberland Arms at the top.

trainman
10-10-2010, 09:20
If anybody in London feels bold enough to try a rubbish pub crawl...

Why would anyone accept such a mission rp?

The Atlas, just off Lillie Rd, has had something worthwhile on one of the 3 pumps on my couple of visits and does good food, albeit at gastro prices. I once had a decent Doombar at the Prince of Wales.
West Brompton is just 8mins overhead to Clapham Junction & the Falcon, or connections to points West...

Strongers
10-10-2010, 09:28
Yeah, I've done a few around there and agree the Atlas is ok. Lillie Langtry was my least favourite and the Prince of Wales is also nice, but the food is bad and overpriced.

Alesonly
10-10-2010, 11:34
The worst Crawl I done was a few Years Ago from The Crown & Anchor at Fore Street Edmonton too The Golden Hive at Green Street Brimsdown I Only found One Pub selling Real Ale and that was the Picture Palace the Wetherspoons at Ponders End High St. :moremad:

oldboots
10-10-2010, 14:49
Just to fit in with Millay's Liverpool thread, one of the worst crawls ever is up London Rd in LIverpool (turn right out the front of Lime St then third right). Start at the Lord Warden, then the Picture House, Dixie Deans, Durty Nellies, Royal George and the Post Office, possibly the Dart & Shamrock if it's still open. No decent beer, largely characterless pubs and dodgy customers - enjoy :D

Paris_Hilton
11-10-2010, 13:55
Paris may concur. BRIDGWATER,SOMERSET.......................

I do concur. Having worked in the town for 6 years, I know of no decent pubs in Bridgwater.