PDA

View Full Version : Pubs Galore App Android

bcfczuluarmy
28-07-2017, 20:40
Does this App still work as I get Error No Process Close? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.pubsgalore.firstapp as going through phone getting rid of stuff. Obviously this App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.novamarque.realalepubs gives the same information essentially.

Mobyduck
28-07-2017, 22:53
Does this App still work as I get Error No Process Close? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.pubsgalore.firstapp as going through phone getting rid of stuff. Obviously this App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.novamarque.realalepubs gives the same information essentially.
The Real ale pubs app seems to have stopped working for me, a shame as it has been quite useful.

Dave M
28-07-2017, 23:24
Strangely enough I went to use the Real Ale Pubs app whilst out and about today and discovered that it wasn't working.

My update last Sunday broke all the apps in a way I didn't expect, I'll try to fix them over the weekend.

Mobyduck
29-07-2017, 06:34
Strangely enough I went to use the Real Ale Pubs app whilst out and about today and discovered that it wasn't working.

My update last Sunday broke all the apps in a way I didn't expect, I'll try to fix them over the weekend.

Would be good Dave.

bcfczuluarmy
29-07-2017, 13:18
Would be good Dave.

Ditto. I hadn't tried the real ale one as was sat at home but just tried it now and it just closes. It's a valuable tool as it's an easy way to find places to go based on pub density and with August Bank Holiday coming up soon I'm trying to plan where might be good to go.

bcfczuluarmy
29-07-2017, 14:14
Real Ale working again not sure if it was my phone as I seem to acquire Android devices with a mind of their own.

Dave M
29-07-2017, 16:28
I've been fiddling around with server settings and think they are both working now.

I only really use the Real Ale Pubs Galore app, the other one is very old now and isn't particularly likely to be updated.

The real ale one is my doing and may get some enhancements at some point, the main thing I wanted to achieve with it was a fast loading map of nearby pubs with links to get me to the normal web pages of the site.

bcfczuluarmy
29-07-2017, 16:37
Yeah it's working now this was the first APP iirc so just gets moved to new phone when upgrading. I did like it but the Real Ale one is go to one now.

Mobyduck
29-07-2017, 19:55
Not working for me?

Mobyduck
30-07-2017, 07:21
Not working for me?

It is now, handy as I'm off to London today.

Lady Grey
05-08-2017, 01:03
Hi there, there seems to be a promlem with the photo option on the Pubs Galore App. Usually when you use the app, you can go to the page of the pub that you want to look at and select the view photo bar. However I have tried this lately, the bar does not function. This is a shame because I quite like using the app.

AlanH
05-10-2017, 14:48
I've been fiddling around with server settings and think they are both working now.

I only really use the Real Ale Pubs Galore app, the other one is very old now and isn't particularly likely to be updated.

The real ale one is my doing and may get some enhancements at some point, the main thing I wanted to achieve with it was a fast loading map of nearby pubs with links to get me to the normal web pages of the site.

I have just got an Android phone and seen the "Real Ale Pubs Galore" guide for the first time. It is working fine. I love the different colours for Real and Keg pubs.
Perhaps Pubs Galore could have an option to show this!! :pray:

AlanH
30-12-2018, 18:17
On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!):confused:
Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave! :notworthy:

AlanH
27-03-2019, 19:37
On the "Real Ale Pubs App", I have just noticed some areas are devoid of the direct What Pub link, although it is showing on the Pubs Galore main site. It appears to be Camra Branch dependent with virtually no links in the whole South Manchester and Stockport areas and most of Rochdale and Oldham (but strangely not Bury!):confused:
Could this be due to the Camra software used when setting up What Pub? One for you Dave! :notworthy:

This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
(Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App. :confused::confused:

Dave M
27-03-2019, 20:16
This has now done a complete turnaround! Every pub that I have tried in Sale and Altrincham has now lost its direct link to What Pub from the main Pubs Galore site.
(Yes, I have checked that I am logged in.)
Conversely, there is now a direct What Pub link again on the Android Real Ale Map App. :confused::confused:

It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.

AlanH
27-03-2019, 20:38
It is very confusing! I did see your previous post in December and couldn't work out what the heck was going on, last few days I've been doing some stuff related to the WP links and found something I'd done wrong that was causing the App issue - suffice it to say I am now even more perplexed.

I've got some ideas of what to check though, thanks for the reports.

I can't get any in Stockport, Altrincham and Sale but as soon as i try in Cheshire the links are OK. I have just put about 30 back in East Manchester. Central Manchester seems hit and miss but a lot are missing. It seems Camra Branch dependant with none working in Stockport/S Manchester an d Trafford & Hulme (Altrincham & Sale. Is it their software doing it?

Dave M
27-03-2019, 20:51
I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them.

I have now figured out why the app and the website are showing different things, just need to work out how to get them back in sync.

Delboy20
27-03-2019, 20:55
I think for the moment just leave it with me rather than trying to put them all back in, I should be able to restore most of them

I noticed yesterday that some of the Whatpub links had gone from the pubs in Nottingham I was reviewing. Not sure if that helps or hinders ….

Dave M
27-03-2019, 22:16
I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look! :muppet:

rpadam
27-03-2019, 22:33
I've run an update which will have either fixed it or made things worse still. I daren't look! :muppet:
Just tried a couple of Sale examples, and these have been reinstated!

AlanH
28-03-2019, 04:15

I have tried several in Stockport, Altrinvham and Manchester and all were OK again. Also still OK on the Android Real Ale Map! :notworthy::notworthy: