PDA

View Full Version : New Delight Inn - Boothtown, Halifax

amandabeth
15-01-2008, 11:27
Hi

can anyone tell me if the pub in Boothtown....the 'New Delight Inn' at 230 Boothtown Road, Halifax is still trading? Can anyone post a photo of the pub...inside and out? as I have a relative who used to own it in the 1960's, and I'm curious to see what it looks like and as I live in South Australia I'm unable to come and see it!

Thanks!

Amandabeth

Galore Admin
15-01-2008, 12:27
Hi Amandabeth,

Welcome to Pubs Galore, sorry I have split your post off from the smoking ban thread to try and improve it's chances of getting spotted.

We do have a listing for New Delight (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/40475/) (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/40475/). It was reported closed by a very reliable user of the site, sadly all they said in the report was that it had been closed years, no more explanation than that. With a little luck though hopefully someone will cast some light on it.

Thanks

Conrad

Galore Admin
16-01-2008, 15:00
Hi again,

I have been chatting via email with the contributor who let us know it closed. So a little more info:

I can confirm the closure of The New Delight, it had closed by the time of my visit on 23/12/94. The building is still standing (as a private residence, I think). When I'm next in the area I will get a photo and post it for reference

Sorry it is not more favourable news, but hopefully at least answers your question,

Conrad

amandabeth
19-01-2008, 10:52
Hi readers,

Thank you for the information, I would love to see a photo of the pub as my late Great Uncle Harry Atkinson and his wife Florence Atkinson owned and were licensed Victuallers of the pub around 1965 but not sure how many years they owned the pub prior to 1965. I know Harry died in October 1965 and Florence would have had to run the pub on her own, although I do know she had a daughter (don't know her daughter's name ) from her previous marriage to Mr Stainton in Sedbergh Yorkshire.

If anyone knew Harry and Florence ( known as Flo ) I would love them to contact me at: abperrin@westnet.com.au
Also, I'd really appreciate it when you could email me a photo of the pub next time you go past it! a big Thanks to you!! as I live in South Australia I can't take a picture myself!

Cheers
Amanda