PDA

View Full Version : Selby

Bucking Fastard
13-05-2017, 08:35
Having navigated up to Keadby ,now in Lincolnshire but formerly Yorkshire , I'm close to God's Own Country with the next major port of call Selby.
Besides the 'spoons there called Giant Bellflower does anyone know of other decent real ale pubs in this town:pray: as I'm going to moor there for a while?

Bucking Fastard
21-05-2017, 08:42
Having navigated up to Keadby ,now in Lincolnshire but formerly Yorkshire , I'm close to God's Own Country with the next major port of call Selby.
Besides the 'spoons there called Giant Bellflower does anyone know of other decent real ale pubs in this town:pray: as I'm going to moor there for a while?

Where is the *tumbleweed* symbol when you need it ;)

oldboots
21-05-2017, 09:29
Where is the *tumbleweed* symbol when you need it ;)

I think Selby is such an exciting place those who actually have visited it haven't recovered from its awesomeness.

On the other hand only Alan Winfield, yourself and TP know the full beauty of the place. I have been meaning to go but it keeps getting pushed down the list.

Bucking Fastard
21-05-2017, 22:02
I think Selby is such an exciting place those who actually have visited it haven't recovered from its awesomeness.

On the other hand only Alan Winfield, yourself and TP know the full beauty of the place. I have been meaning to go but it keeps getting pushed down the list.

That's what worries me.:eek:

I can only hope it will be a case of "fortune favours the brave" and if that spoons (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/79627/) doesn't come up trumps I can think of a very good nickname for it ;)

Aqualung
27-05-2017, 21:57

Hey! I've been to Selby. The one thing I remember that I didn't include in the Spoons review was a conversation with a man who thought that the lager prices were not cheap compared to other pubs.