PDA

View Full Version : Are you interested in becoming a fruit machine spotter?

fruitypro79
28-05-2010, 08:34
Content removed as we don't wish to encourage exchange of bank details.

Andy Ven
17-07-2010, 11:07
That's Canterbury, Rochester, Tonbridge, Dartford and Redhill.

Pity, my dad repairs fruit machines and I could have picked his brains but we live in the West Midlands

Quinno
17-08-2010, 15:25
Yeah, not near me either but I'm intrigued about someone who plays fruits professionally...I guess it's all about knowing the algorithms of the machine. I knew someone at Uni who would spend a good couple of hours in a pub watching other people play the fruits, then stroll up and shove a few quid in...and more often than not would get £20 out within a couple of minutes. He never would tell us his methods but kept saying 'pump' and 'prime' a lot. Weird.

RogerB
17-08-2010, 15:41
Not sure if it is still the case but every fruit machine used to have a small and well hidden window through which you can see a counter. When someone wins a decent sum they generally stop playing so you could go up to the machine afterwards, note the counter number and then count how many more times the machine is played again until someone wins. You can then calculate that it would chuck out a winning line every 20 or 30 or whatever times. You can tell whether the machine is worth putting any money in by knowing how many times it needs to be played before it pays out.

Personally I hate the machines.

Quinno
17-08-2010, 15:44
decided to do some quick research:

http://www.clubmachines.co.uk/mech.htm

Apparently what my Uni pal did is known as 'sharking'.

Strongers
17-08-2010, 21:26
I used to love playing the fruities and would always have an eye on the machine waiting for someone to lose a few quid before cashing in. Problem I had was knowing when to stop playing. I'm glad I hardly notice them in pubs anymore.

PS. Glad to see you on here Quinno.

Quinno
17-08-2010, 22:27
PS. Glad to see you on here Quinno.

Cheers Strongers, it's good to be back. A year off means I've got a lot of catching up to do but it'll be good fun!

Grailhunter
18-08-2010, 12:26
Removed reference

Just a warning guys, I'm not casting aspersions in any way on the integrity of fruitypro79, but to receive payment via a direct bank transfer you would have to give out your account number and name. Definitely not recommended in these days of identity fraud to give these details to anyone you do not know.

RogerB
18-08-2010, 12:34
Just a warning guys, I'm not casting aspersions in any way on the integrity of fruitypro79, but to receive payment via a direct bank transfer you would have to give out your account number and name. Definitely not recommended in these days of identity fraud to give these details to anyone you do not know.
I think I fired a warning shot to Conrad when he first opened the thread so I am actually surprised the posting is still on view. I'd like to think most of us aren't gullible enough to go along with it!

Conrad
18-08-2010, 12:43
If you did I missed it I'm afraid.

Wasn't something I thought of to be honest, but it is a very fair point. I will delete the offending posts straight after this.

fruitypro79
20-10-2010, 17:50

Hi everyone. Sorry for my late reply but I didn't realise that there were any other replies after I checked the forum for a few days and didn't get any.

I would like to apologise for causing any ideas of identity/bank fraud. That wasn't my intention. My sole intention is purely to enable me to play machines more effectively, by this I mean that I spend a lot of time having to check pubs to see what machines are in them when I could spend my time more effectively (and make more money) just playing them and not going out 'spotting'. I realise that mooting the idea of payments via bank transfers is probably not the best idea - however it is how I send money to people in the most convenient way.

I would be more than happy to meet any potential spotters to give them payments in cash - after all I'm always in the relevant areas as I'm doing the machines in them! That's absolutely fine by me. I have no bad intentions and am as honest as it gets. I know that's easy to say, but it's true.

So, my offer still stands. £5 per 'playable' machine found that I don't already know of (I will provide a list of 'playable' machines after the spotting has taken place. Cash when I meet you.

The areas I need are the following postcodes:- TN, CT, DA, ME, RH, BR, CR.

Strongers
23-10-2010, 00:22
You forgot to mention the machines you were trying to spot!

Maybe next time you're playing one you could note down whether you like the pub and give us a review - I'm sure you would get a better response if you did.

Millay
23-10-2010, 06:59
You forgot to mention the machines you were trying to spot!

Maybe next time you're playing one you could note down whether you like the pub and give us a review - I'm sure you would get a better response if you did.

I imagine the machine details were in the first post, which has now been removed.

Pub reviews could be interesting, remember our old friend 'Widescreen' :twigs::twigs:

Strongers
23-10-2010, 23:51
I imagine the machine details were in the first post, which has now been removed.

Pub reviews could be interesting, remember our old friend 'Widescreen' :twigs::twigs:

Ah yes, a one man crusade to bring us all perfect picture quality.