PDA

View Full Version : a swift one - Beers Of The Week 10

Blog Tracker
11-03-2017, 06:58
Visit the a swift one site (http://www.aswiftone.com/2017/03/beers-of-week-10.html)

Those of you who are observant will have noticed the plural in this weeks title, purely because it is impossible to separate them in terms of taste and weirdness.

I fully expected the beer of the week to come from a trip to Sheffield, a fairly rare occasion for me nowadays, but apart from a strong beer from Brew York, there was little to excite me, either in range of beers or in the taste stakes.

A call the following day to the Record Cafe, in Bradford soon rectified this. Two keg beers and three excellent cask ones on the bar. My beers of the week were the two keg ones. Purely because of what they were as you will see.

Mad Hatter 'Tzatziki Sour'was my first selection, purely since it was weaker at 4.1%. I have had several beers from the Liverpool based brewery and they have not been exactly mainstream. The name suggests this was similar. For some reason their website refuses to load but I know they have been on the for around 4 years. The beer itself was sour, that was a given, but it was the ingredients that caught my eye. Ouzo infused cucumbers and yoghurt in the mix. It should not work but it does and makes a really refreshing, clean tasting beer. Sour but not too sour. And fairly subtle, and tasting of proper cucumber, not essence.

I followed that with a Lost Industry beer. 'Le Mexician' was a saison style, and stronger at 5.8%. A newer brewery than the previous one, having been brewing in Sheffield for less than 2 years. I have sampled several of their beers before - good but not outstanding until this one. Roughly based on a Mexican version of a 'Bloody Mary', it contains tomato, celery and Hendersons Relish (a well known Mexican product !) and is excellent. It tasted like a saison but with a twist, and a subtle chilli kick that was pleasant and not too much.

A very pleasant way to get your 5 a day.!!

More... (http://www.aswiftone.com/2017/03/beers-of-week-10.html)