PDA

View Full Version : for sale

hondo
26-05-2010, 09:26
http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news.ma/article/87157?PagingData=Po_0%7EPs_10%7EPsd_Asc

RogerB
26-05-2010, 09:51
I don't get paid until tomorrow so I'll have to wait.

With my "useless information" hat on, I believe the Bass triangle was the first ever registered trademark, a little nugget of disposable trivia I picked up from a Bass Brewery tour many years ago.

Gann
26-05-2010, 10:28
AB InBev UK president Staurt Macfarlane told the Morning Advertiser: "Our focus is on Budweiser, Beck’s and Stella, and I’m not apologising for that..

................ Well you Bloody well should be.....:mad:

oldboots
26-05-2010, 10:34
10-15M for Bass :confused: I can't understand that if it doesn't include the trademark and international rights, what are you actually getting? Boddies is a discredited name these days, but would anyone actually pay for "Flowers", the MA article doesn't even mention it after the first line. I'd put my pocket money away for now.

Roger, you're right about the No1 trademark, alledgedly some poor employee queued all night outside the patent office so they could register it as the first trademark.

Conrad
26-05-2010, 10:51
AB InBev UK president Staurt Macfarlane told the Morning Advertiser: "Our focus is on Budweiser, Beck’s and Stella, and I’m not apologising for that..

+1 on that comment.

arwkrite
26-05-2010, 14:01

I cannot help but think Mr Macfarlane knew what the reaction would be by naming those three lagers. Otherwise why would he think he would be required to apologize ?
Both Bass and Boddingtons have been shabbily treated as once respected brands. Big name brands producing shabby goods might fool the wanabee C-lebs but it don't work with honest drinkers. I wonder how much the accountants have done to denigrate the production and quality of the three lagers mentioned ? All three have had massive advertizing campaigns to brainwash young people that it is the height of style to drink them.The drinking from bottles encouraged so others can see what cool brew you are drinking.
A plain glass is good enough for me filled with well made and well kept beer. Why should anyone be interested in what I am drinking ? I haven't any Style, no Bling and my K.Klein underpants came cheap from a Matalan store but I have doubts about their provenance. I am probably the complete opposite of Mr Macfarlane.

Conrad
26-05-2010, 14:04
.... I am probably the complete opposite of Mr Macfarlane.
Likeable?

Oggwyn Trench
26-05-2010, 17:05
Budweiser ....... if i want a rice based drink i will stick to Sake

oldboots
26-05-2010, 18:07
. I am probably the complete opposite of Mr Macfarlane.

Likeable?

probably a case of substance over style

arwkrite
27-05-2010, 16:13
Aw Shucks ...your making me blush !

The reality is being broke I cannot project the image of being " Mr Big Brewing Corporation " man. I think its the frayed cuffs and my ar** hanging out of me trousers that ruin the effect.