PDA

View Full Version : Forum

trainman
26-05-2010, 09:13
I notice that the ailing, abandoned forum on another pub website has finally been terminated. Long live the shed as a refuge from all that tumbleweed!

hondo
26-05-2010, 09:29
It's still there just not showing on the front page

Gann
26-05-2010, 10:21
[QUOTE=trainman;13250]I notice that the ailing, abandoned forum on another pub website has finally been terminated. QUOTE]

And I also notice the 'Moronic Users' as you refer to them are still in force as 'The Cock Inn' is now down to 2.7 after your earlier posting this morning........:(

Anyway, even more evidence that we're all better off here......:)

Farway
26-05-2010, 15:23
I guess I am the only one who does not have a clue what you are all referring to, probably just as well by the sounds of it

Conrad
26-05-2010, 15:33
Beer In The Evening have removed their prominent site wide link to their forums. The forums are still linked from most pages from a tiny link at the top of the navigation area.

The forums are still there and handling automated posts, not sure if members can post though. The blog appears to be gone altogether.

It seems reasonable to think Chris might drop the forums as more grief than he feels they are worth.

trainman
26-05-2010, 16:16
Oh, right, I didn't realise there was still a link from subsidiary pages. Removal from the homepage is evidently to remove high visibility of that quiet carriage - site trolls, left with no-one to wind up, have gone back to puerile ratings manipulations.

Conrad
26-05-2010, 16:25
Oh, right, I didn't realise there was still a link from subsidiary pages. Removal from the homepage is evidently to remove high visibility of that quiet carriage - site trolls, left with no-one to wind up, have gone back to puerile ratings manipulations.
I just sort of assumed he hadn't realised there were other links (or didn't know how to remove them ;))

It is certainly the sort of thing I would miss, only thing that leaves me in doubt is that he hasn't just switched the forum off.

rpadam
26-05-2010, 18:58
Beer In The Evening have removed their prominent site wide link to their forums. The forums are still linked from most pages from a tiny link at the top of the navigation area.

The forums are still there and handling automated posts, not sure if members can post though. The blog appears to be gone altogether.

It seems reasonable to think Chris might drop the forums as more grief than he feels they are worth.
John Bonsor managed to post at 6:04 this evening, so it's still working.

This has also happened a few times previously, without explanation as far as I recall, and just as suddenly reverted back again. *** CANCEL THAT *** The top left link has just this minute also disappeared from the home page!

Update - if you can find a way in, you can still post... Curious.

Strongers
26-05-2010, 19:16
I hope it keeps going as it is no fun being banned from a non-existent forum...

oldboots
27-05-2010, 06:54

He made all my reviews "anonymous" except the two he missed :D ...t*at

Conrad
27-05-2010, 10:09
John Bonsor managed to post at 6:04 this evening, so it's still working.

This has also happened a few times previously, without explanation as far as I recall, and just as suddenly reverted back again. *** CANCEL THAT *** The top left link has just this minute also disappeared from the home page!

Update - if you can find a way in, you can still post... Curious.
As far as I can tell the top left link wasn't on the page all day, just on every other page of the site.

Well Strongers, I think this is time for me to say that we are constantly trying to improve the PuG site for the majority of users so should it be needed, I am sure we can step up :whistle:

He made all my reviews "anonymous" except the two he missed :D ...t*at
Ok, that is just wrong, delete if you have to but, anonymise, where is the logic in that, probably best I don't add to the name calling, but rest assured I am thinking it.

trainman
27-05-2010, 13:32

Bad luck Strongers, access to history of shed (heroes) vs trolls, and establishment vs rebels, now removed

As far as I can tell the top left link wasn't on the page all day, just on every other page of the site.

No longer.

Chris may have been alerted by rpadam's query over there yesterday, but it's rather more fun to imagine he got the heads-up by monitoring this site...

Conrad
27-05-2010, 13:36
There is no question he is trying to read our forums, him and soslinky have been trying to read them ever since rpadams post last night.

He has now taken to reading them off our sites front page instead.

arwkrite
27-05-2010, 16:09
I do not know how many of that forums new users were genuine but the odd threads that were started often had the feel of desperation about them. Very little of interest. But just the money spinning bit remains now. And flame wars of course.

rpadam
27-05-2010, 19:45
Bad luck Strongers, access to history of shed (heroes) vs trolls, and establishment vs rebels, now removed

No longer.

Chris may have been alerted by rpadam's query over there yesterday, but it's rather more fun to imagine he got the heads-up by monitoring this site...
Well, it was a bit of an experiment (and based on past history, a cynic might suggest that the last place he would have looked at would have been his own forums...).

Alesonly
27-05-2010, 19:55
It seems too me that the Forums have been removed altogether now I cant see them or access them anymore Ive just tried.

Yes the site seems too be getting more & more out of Date anyone remember this bit Ive Cut & pasted below its still the same over three years later.

BITE Pub Of The Year 2007
Pub of the year is back! After skipping a year we're back for BITE Pub of the Year 2007! Voting will open soon - stay tuned!

Pub of the Year 2005
Details of Pub of the Year 2005 are here ?

winchesterclub
28-05-2010, 07:17
Hey
They might as well close them down as no one as been on for a while , perhaps i will tell prince monolulu this is the only happening forum around at the moment !! ( only joking lads ,funny how he has disappeared )
PS Conrad the Great Western in Basingstoke is back open again i will let you know tomorrow if it still is !!!

Winchesterclub

oldboots
28-05-2010, 19:37
I'm in Basingstoke week after next (8th), d'ye think the Great Western might be worth risking a visit or should I just stick to the Queens?

trainman
29-05-2010, 06:57
I'm in Basingstoke week after next (8th), d'ye think the Great Western might be worth risking a visit or should I just stick to the Queens?

Two that I've had on my 'random mission' list for quite a while (in conjunction with Queens Arms) are The White Hart (Charter Alley) and The Plough (Little London). They are 5/6m NNW of Basingstoke but look fairly inaccessible by public transport. The latter has bus14 (32mins) at 12:35 & ... 16:35, but nowt directly back. When I get around to 'em I may drag a couple along to share a taxi (a mode of transport almost unheard of, for me).

oldboots
29-05-2010, 08:18
The White Hart (Charter Alley) and The Plough (Little London)

I've been in both but many years ago. The Plough was a lovely little country pub but I can't remember much about the White Hart. I won't get to either this trip, as you say they're not really public transport accessible.

winchesterclub
01-06-2010, 08:01
I've been in both but many years ago. The Plough was a lovely little country pub but I can't remember much about the White Hart. I won't get to either this trip, as you say they're not really public transport accessible.

Both are worth visting but as you say they are both in the a***end of nowhere, a taxi may be the best option but only to one of them as they are miles apart!!
As for the Western "boots" go in for one then go to the Queens at least you will have a good end to the day !

Winchesterclub