PDA

View Full Version : Mild May?

Arthurish
24-05-2010, 05:38
Hi all,

Is there a shortage of Mild this year? I've visited a few pubs and haven't seen any Milds on sale.
Maybe I've been going into the wrong pubs.
The only Mild I've had this year I got back in April, can't remember the name though.

Thanks

Arthurish

Soup Dragon
24-05-2010, 08:13
Hi Squire

No shortage up in the mildlands, i have seen several MILD trails and indeed, sampled a number of MILDs - Hansons MILD made a return for a one off (the brewery was taken over by Banks's/Marstons and promptly shut). I am having a great time!

ROBCamra
24-05-2010, 09:55
Plenty in the North West as well. My local has a permanent changing mild during May and they often have one on at other times.

Our local JDW has had 5 milds on at a time all month so far. :cheers:

Conrad
24-05-2010, 10:52
Not been noticing many round Bristol. At this rate I am going to have to crack and go in JDW this week to get one.

aleandhearty
24-05-2010, 11:08
Also seen plenty on my travels, here in West Yorkshire. My local had three on the go, on Wednesday night alone.

Oggwyn Trench
24-05-2010, 15:51
Plenty round here in the wilds of Shropshire

PaulOfHorsham
24-05-2010, 20:04
If it's convenient for you, The Speaker (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54176/), Great Peter Street (Westminster), has a mild festival throughout the month - 2 on every day, I believe. Pub's closed weekends, though.

Andy Ven
24-05-2010, 20:34
I had a mild in The Quiet Woman near Buxton Derbyshire on Saturday.

The weather was anything but mild though - I needed a cold Pale Ale

Alesonly
25-05-2010, 00:06
Ive see plenty of Milds on in good Pubs around North London mainly the ones in the GBG.

gillhalfpint
25-05-2010, 22:04
Fullers Hock and Fullers/Gales Festival Mild at Old Joint Stock Birmingham today, but both £3.33 a pint.

A few milds on in the Wellington including Sadlers Magic Miles Mild and Falstaff Monkeys Uncle, Caledonian Mild Mayhem in Briar Rose, some in the Anchor too.

Arthurish
25-05-2010, 23:49
Visited a few other pubs today, 25th May, no milds not even in Wetherspoons at Elephant & Castle, finally made it to The Speaker had two dak milds on and tried them both. Fantastic pints.
it was a long walk but well worth it.

Arthurish

hopwas
28-05-2010, 21:49
Hi all,

Is there a shortage of Mild this year? I've visited a few pubs and haven't seen any Milds on sale.
Maybe I've been going into the wrong pubs.
The only Mild I've had this year I got back in April, can't remember the name though.

Thanks

Arthurish

Funny you ask this cos..

1) Silk Kite in Tamworth do have mild festival.. I have tried Hook Norton Special Dark Mild, Rudgate Ruby Mild, Elgood's Black Dog and Caledonian Mild Mayhem.. all were excellent BUT..

2) other JDW in town The Bolebridge doesn't EVEN sell any mild festival ales! :confused:

gillhalfpint
31-05-2010, 23:09
Pubs in Stoke Prior had good old Banks Mild at the weekend. I noticed that they have changed pumpclips to read Mild instead of Original. Mild is more acceptable these days than when they felt they had to call it Original.

Very good it was too.

Soup Dragon
01-06-2010, 22:10
It is happening a lot around the midlands now Gill and is good to see. I have noted that you have done Stoke Prior, i have a good friend that lives there, but have always been driving when i visit, so now i may stay over and get him to go the pubs!