PDA

View Full Version : Belgrove or Bellgrove area of Glasgow?

rpadam
13-11-2016, 19:32
The site currently has an area of Glasgow called Belgrove, but almost every other source uses Bellgrove (e.g. Bellgrove Street, Bellgrove railway station, Bellgrove Hotel, etc.). The locally active reviewer / photographer Alastair Barter uses the former, so I guess he's right, but it seems very odd that this doesn't match what's used by others. Any thoughts?

oldboots
14-11-2016, 08:32
The site currently has an area of Glasgow called Belgrove, but almost every other source uses Bellgrove (e.g. Bellgrove Street, Bellgrove railway station, Bellgrove Hotel, etc.). The locally active reviewer / photographer Alastair Barter uses the former, so I guess he's right, but it seems very odd that this doesn't match what's used by others. Any thoughts?

All the maps I have use Bellgrove for the area

rpadam
14-11-2016, 20:33
All the maps I have use Bellgrove for the area
Quite, but if you try changing it (as I have several times) Alastair usually comes right back in seconds...

oldboots
15-11-2016, 15:54
Quite, but if you try changing it (as I have several times) Alastair usually comes right back in seconds...

no comment, but Glasgow City Council also calls it Bellgrove although it straddles the Gallowgate and Calton wards. Probably doesn't matter that much.

sheffield hatter
16-11-2016, 08:43
Seems to me the area might well be called Reidvale anyway. There's Reidvale Adventure Play Association a few metres away, and Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre too, whereas Bellgrove station is not so near. But not worth getting into a tizzy over.

oldboots
16-11-2016, 09:05
But not worth getting into a tizzy over.

Absolutely, I've always thought of areas as just a convenient way of finding nearby pubs.