PDA

View Full Version : Issue uploading photos from pubs front page - Dave!!

Quinno
24-10-2016, 00:44
Mystery here, if I try to upload a pic from the pub's main landing page I get this:

But if I click through to 'all photos' and do it from there, it's fine.

Which is OK in most cases, but when you get to a pub with no pics at all, it's Catch 22 eg The Corriegarth (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/50229/)

Dave!

AlanH
24-10-2016, 01:42
If I click through to 'all photos' and do it from there, it's fine.

Which is OK in most cases, but when you get to a pub with no pics at all, it's Catch 22 eg The Corriegarth (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/50229/)

Dave!

I had the same problem so thanks for the "all photos" info.

It does also work for pubs with no pics if you click on the "Pub pictures (0)" then upload.

Mobyduck
24-10-2016, 06:28
Mystery here, if I try to upload a pic from the pub's main landing page I get this:

But if I click through to 'all photos' and do it from there, it's fine.
Had the same thing last night.

Quinno
24-10-2016, 18:31
It does also work for pubs with no pics if you click on the "Pub pictures (0)" then upload.

Sneaky beaky! Thanks for that work-around :cheers:

AlanH
24-10-2016, 20:56
Sneaky beaky! Thanks for that work-around :cheers:

And thanks for telling me that it worked on the photo page. :notworthy: After getting errors for half the night, I thought broke was broke until Dave fixed it! :moremad:
Pub pictures (0) was just a hope that getting to a photo(less) page would work.

bcfczuluarmy
24-10-2016, 21:22
I had this problem on Saturday afternoon and found aforementioned work around but I was putting the issue down to my phone being a law unto itself as it wouldn't let a photo from Friday be Bluetooth'd to my laptop on Friday night.

Anybody spotted the Streetview issue I'm encountering when correcting map points?

AlanH
24-10-2016, 23:22
Anybody spotted the Streetview issue I'm encountering when correcting map points?

Yes, I have noticed a problem for some time. Like you, I was blaming my slow laptop.
I assume you mean when you go into streetview to find the pub on PuG maps, it gives no picture, so you have to go into the main Google maps to find the pub. Of course then there is no red marker. Having to compare PuG aerial view with Google Streetview makes it more difficult.

I have probably made that as clear as mud!!:confused:

bcfczuluarmy
24-10-2016, 23:38
Pretty much nails it. Main map can see streetview with pushpin marker, hit correct pub just grey screen.

rpadam
26-10-2016, 22:03
Pretty much nails it. Main map can see streetview with pushpin marker, hit correct pub just grey screen.
The strange thing is that it comes up with a black screen (rather than a grey one) about one time in 20, and works properly about as often.