PDA

View Full Version : Preston

Delboy20
02-09-2016, 21:40
Hi all,

Off to Preston for the day soon. I have only been in the 2 near the train station so looking forward to it.

Any I shouldn't miss ?

Cheers,

Del.

Spinko
03-09-2016, 06:23
I live there now. I would recommend:
Old Black Bull
Continental
Ale Emporium
Twelve Tellers (jdw)
Greyfriars (jdw)
Wheatsheaf

There is a micro pub called Guild Ale House but to me it seems one of the new breed that don't bother providing that good a pint.

The Vic near the station is still decent, always a bit rammed with hen parties though - depends when you visit.

Highlight is definitely the Ale Emporium.

Real Ale Ray
07-09-2016, 18:33
I agree with Spinko, the Ale Emporium is excellent, a must-do when in Preston.

Delboy20
07-09-2016, 20:38
I will be doing the 2 spoons.

Like the look of the Black Bull and the Ale Emporium. I will also try the Guild.

I will just blast round any others that I walk past !!

rpadam
07-09-2016, 21:31
I will be doing the 2 spoons.

Like the look of the Black Bull and the Ale Emporium. I will also try the Guild.

I will just blast round any others that I walk past !!
It might be a Robinson's tied house, but I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the Black Horse - a splendid interior, as featured on the front cover of the new edition of Camra's 'Britain's Best Real Heritage Pubs' books.

Delboy20
07-09-2016, 22:29
I have just been looking at that one myself... looks like a classic pub to me.

Real Ale Ray
08-09-2016, 10:10
It might be a Robinson's tied house, but I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the Black Horse - a splendid interior, as featured on the front cover of the new edition of Camra's 'Britain's Best Real Heritage Pubs' books.

Don't know how I forgot about that one, as it is another 'must-do' when in Preston, a stunning pub.