PDA

View Full Version : Champion Beer of Britain 2016

oldboots
10-08-2016, 07:39
For those who follow such things,

http://www.camra.org.uk/news/-/asset_publisher/1dUgQCmQMoVC/content/a-speciality-beer-has-won-camra-champion-beer-of-britain?_101_INSTANCE_1dUgQCmQMoVC_redirect=%2Fnew s

Real Ale Ray
10-08-2016, 07:56
Never tasted the winner, but have had Gold Top from the Silver Award winner, Old Dairy Brewery, and it was superb

Bucking Fastard
10-08-2016, 08:33
That will help with the sale of the brewery.

trainman
10-08-2016, 12:19
8 or 9 ticks for me from that list.
Surprised that Boltmaker makes it anywhere near the top again, didn't have much character when I tried it.

Wittenden
10-08-2016, 12:39
Never tasted the winner, but have had Gold Top from the Silver Award winner, Old Dairy Brewery, and it was superb
Snow Top is a cracking Old Ale,not sure if it eclipses Harvey's Old,but it makes up for the gloom and doom of Winter.

Mobyduck
10-08-2016, 17:55
Never tasted the winner

All Binghams stouts are and always have been very good, not so convinced with their other stuff though.

london calling
10-08-2016, 18:56
I have drank 21 out of the 23 and some decent beers but always find its a pretty standard range.Moby-I agree about the Bingham stouts.This is just Doodle stout with added vanilla.Have tried quite a few others with coffee,ginger and thought the chilli one was good although I cant say I usually like chilli in a beer.

Mobyduck
10-08-2016, 19:36
I have drank 21 out of the 23 and some decent beers but always find its a pretty standard range.Moby-I agree about the Bingham stouts.This is just Doodle stout with added vanilla.Have tried quite a few others with coffee,ginger and thought the chilli one was good although I cant say I usually like chilli in a beer.

I can't stand Ginger in any beer, or anything else come to think of it.

Bucking Fastard
11-08-2016, 13:38
For those who follow such things,

http://www.camra.org.uk/news/-/asset_publisher/1dUgQCmQMoVC/content/a-speciality-beer-has-won-camra-champion-beer-of-britain?_101_INSTANCE_1dUgQCmQMoVC_redirect=%2Fnew s

I've supped 11 of those,always glad to see recognition for Marble.

london calling
11-08-2016, 22:26
If you had asked me what I thought of Heavy Industry who won a category at gbbf I would have said pretty average but looking back last night on beers I have drank I gave
Heavy Industry -77 4 /5 which puts it into very good beer imo.Now Old Dairy -snow top is a style of beer I don't like and it got a 2/5 Horses for courses

london calling
11-08-2016, 22:32
I can't stand Ginger in any beer, or anything else come to think of it.

Chocolate stem ginger sweets.Wow one of the highlights of my childhood.Everytime I eat them I think of my dearly departed mum.

Mobyduck
11-08-2016, 22:48
Chocolate stem ginger sweets.Wow one of the highlights of my childhood.Everytime I eat them I think of my dearly departed mum.

Not knocking any of that,Its a nice memory, just hate ginger personally, even the ginger biscuits that tainted everything nearby.