hondo
07-07-2016, 10:35
"Camerons has acquired the seven-strong"
http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/camerons-acquires-leeds-brewery-pub-estate

aleandhearty
07-07-2016, 11:19
"Camerons has acquired the seven-strong"
http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/camerons-acquires-leeds-brewery-pub-estate

Didn't see that one coming. I wonder why they decided to sell? Too good an offer I suppose.

Aqualung
07-07-2016, 21:06
Didn't see that one coming. I wonder why they decided to sell? Too good an offer I suppose.
To be honest I don't rate either.

Pubsignman
07-07-2016, 21:21
I rate the Head of Steam pubs that Camerons operate, so hopefully they'll do a good job with these venues too.

Aqualung
07-07-2016, 21:28
I rate the Head of Steam pubs that Camerons operate, so hopefully they'll do a good job with these venues too.

Sorry, I liked the HOS in Huddersfield but I was thinking more about the beers produced.

Pubsignman
07-07-2016, 22:59
Sorry, I liked the HOS in Huddersfield but I was thinking more about the beers produced.

Yes, I can't say either brewery sets the pulse racing, but having said that, the Leeds Brewery pubs I've been to have all been pretty good and normally have a few decent guests on. Hopefully that policy will remain.

aleandhearty
11-07-2016, 11:27
To be honest I don't rate either.

Yes, I can't say either brewery sets the pulse racing, but having said that, the Leeds Brewery pubs I've been to have all been pretty good and normally have a few decent guests on. Hopefully that policy will remain.

I agree. However, I do have a bit of a soft spot for a decent pint of Strongarm, as it was one of my gateway beers back in the seventies. Leeds, after a promising start, have remained pretty safe and mainstream. I like Midnight Bell, but otherwise I can take or leave their beers.

london calling
11-07-2016, 21:05
I agree not fond of either but have had superb pints of Strongarm years ago and Midnight Bell is still the best beer from Leeds.

Wittenden
11-07-2016, 22:10
I agree. However, I do have a bit of a soft spot for a decent pint of Strongarm, as it was one of my gateway beers back in the seventies. Leeds, after a promising start, have remained pretty safe and mainstream. I like Midnight Bell, but otherwise I can take or leave their beers.

Agree with Strongarm-in Co Durham in the mid 70s it was a rare and welcome treat. I also remember a Cameron's very low abv beer- something like Malt Ale. It wasn't popular with the CAMRA massif, but I enjoyed it, partly because it was so weak it didn't trouble the rozzers, and in fact it was quite tasty for the time and place. Also enjoyed a CAMRA trip round the brewery in Hartlepool.
Only tried Yorkshire Gold : predictable for the time and place...