PDA

View Full Version : Al 10000

Dave M
11-05-2016, 17:31
Just to let everyone know, Al 10000 has just informed me that he is leaving the site and so will no longer be participating on the forums.

I'm sure everyone on here wishes him the best of luck with his future epic pub crawling exploits.

I think most people I've spoken to have been in awe of the sheer number and variety of pubs he manages to visit.

Don't forget to keep an eye on his personal blog (http://neverendingpubcrawl.blogspot.co.uk/) for any updates.

Best of luck Al and may you find many pubs that don't only sell John Smiths smooth crap.

Maldenman
11-05-2016, 18:05
He's just added a photo!

sheffield hatter
11-05-2016, 18:06
He's just added a photo (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/83067/)!

...and I've just approved it!

Mobyduck
11-05-2016, 18:35
Just to let everyone know, Al 10000 has just informed me that he is leaving the site and so will no longer be participating on the forums.

I'm sure everyone on here wishes him the best of luck with his future epic pub crawling exploits.

I think most people I've spoken to have been in awe of the sheer number and variety of pubs he manages to visit.

Don't forget to keep an eye on his personal blog (http://neverendingpubcrawl.blogspot.co.uk/) for any updates.

Best of luck Al and may you find many pubs that don't only sell John Smiths smooth crap.

Personally I think it's a very sad loss, yes at times he has different ideas than some others on here, but surely that's all part of a forum, it would be pointless if everyone agreed about everything.
Good luck Al.

sheffield hatter
11-05-2016, 18:43
Personally I think it's a very sad loss, yes at times he has different ideas than some others on here, but surely that's all part of a forum, it would be pointless if everyone agreed about everything.
Good luck Al.

I agree. Or perhaps I should disagree, to provoke a discussion.;)

Mobyduck
11-05-2016, 18:46
I have no personal axe to grind on this matter but I am blocked from replying to a pm from Al on this matter, not quite sure whats going on here? I am well aware there are two sides to a story.

Mobyduck
11-05-2016, 18:48
I agree. Or perhaps I should disagree, to provoke a discussion.;)
You could be right, or you may be wrong. :whistle:

sheffield hatter
11-05-2016, 19:23
I have no personal axe to grind on this matter but I am blocked from replying to a pm from Al on this matter, not quite sure whats going on here? I am well aware there are two sides to a story.

Have you used up your quota of messages? There is a limit, and you have to delete some before you can send a new one.

Mobyduck
11-05-2016, 19:37
Have you used up your quota of messages? There is a limit, and you have to delete some before you can send a new one.

No ,loads of room left.

sheffield hatter
11-05-2016, 19:41
No ,loads of room left.

OK, looking at Al 10000's profile, it looks like he's had personal messaging disabled.

Mobyduck
11-05-2016, 19:55
OK, looking at Al 10000's profile, it looks like he's had personal messaging disabled.

So it would seem.

london calling
11-05-2016, 21:31
Shame. Seemed like a decent guy.

bcfczuluarmy
11-05-2016, 21:31
So it would seem.

Yes as I've just found out. After he sent me a message earlier that I tried to reply to.

So Al if you lurk as it's called on t'interweb. The Arkells book has got left in my car which hasn't been near a post office due to work issues, so I'll post on weekend. I'll pop a snail mail message in it given the circumstances of the content of this thread.

As with others all the best and look forward to updates on your blog to keep me interested. Was a pleasure to meet you and do a 23 pub Al crawl.

Jon

Shame. Seemed like a decent guy.

He is.

london calling
11-05-2016, 21:35
So what was his latest problem with this site?

Strongers
12-05-2016, 06:10
So what was his latest problem with this site?

Something about the Stasi hiding Manchester... I am unsure of the finer details.

It's a shame he has left us because I always find reviews of shit holes entertaining. Maybe he will rethink when he gets older and has mellowed a bit.

ROBCamra
12-05-2016, 06:51

Nothing to do with me!

In fact the "Stasi Agent" doesn't have the permissions on the site to do most of what people living in the paranoid world accuse him of.

Bucking Fastard
12-05-2016, 06:58
I enjoyed joining Al on a crawl around Walthamstow,and I wish him luck on his mission.

Maybe a personal blog about his crawls is a better vehicle for him,but having contributed so many reviews and photos to this site ,it's a shame he feels that an era has come to an end.

sheffield hatter
12-05-2016, 19:12
For a slightly different take on the events leading up to Al 10000 no longer appearing on this forum, please follow this link: https://neverendingpubcrawl.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/pubs-galore-truth.html?showComment=1463080214152#c170332325541 4676911

Mobyduck
12-05-2016, 19:31
For a slightly different take on the events leading up to Al 10000 no longer appearing on this forum, please follow this link: https://neverendingpubcrawl.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/pubs-galore-truth.html?showComment=1463080214152#c170332325541 4676911
have done and replied.

Delboy20
12-05-2016, 19:32
That is an interesting read. If Al didn't ask to leave the site and he had his right to use the forum removed, why was there a post stating "Al 10000 has just informed me that he is leaving the site and so will no longer be participating on the forums." ?

Something doesn't add up here. I must state that I am not taking sides here. I will only comment on what I believe to be the case. It is quite clear that Al got worked up over a few things. It is also equally clear that he ruffled a few feathers and that he annoyed some members.

This is a forum which should encourage different views. I am sorry to see Al leave ( or be told to leave whichever is the case !)

I always admired the fact that he would visit every pub possible - no matter what they were like. I have the same criteria - if it is open I will go in for a drink.

Good luck Al.

Cheers,

Del.

ROBCamra
12-05-2016, 20:37

Yes, certainly a different take on "The Facts".

He seems to have missed out a few salient points along the way and amended a few as well and added some lies for good measure.

Wittenden
12-05-2016, 21:47
That is an interesting read. If Al didn't ask to leave the site and he had his right to use the forum removed, why was there a post stating "Al 10000 has just informed me that he is leaving the site and so will no longer be participating on the forums." ?

Something doesn't add up here. I must state that I am not taking sides here. I will only comment on what I believe to be the case. It is quite clear that Al got worked up over a few things. It is also equally clear that he ruffled a few feathers and that he annoyed some members.

This is a forum which should encourage different views. I am sorry to see Al leave ( or be told to leave whichever is the case !)

I always admired the fact that he would visit every pub possible - no matter what they were like. I have the same criteria - if it is open I will go in for a drink.

Good luck Al.

Cheers,

Del.

I hadn't really followed this,but noticed the rapidly deleted post on I think Tuesday, and wondered what was afoot.I'm afraid it all leaves a nasty and unfortunately familiar taste in the mouth.

trainman
13-05-2016, 06:34
I'm pleased that all that repetitive 'woe is me', 'poor me', bordering on trolling, will move to another site.

oldboots
16-05-2016, 08:24
Pub Curmudgeon has publicised this on his twitter account so there might be a bit of outside interest.

"Pub Curmudgeon ‏@oldmudgie 25m25 minutes ago

What's going on here? Never met Alan, but he comes across as a very amiable chap http://neverendingpubcrawl.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/pubs-galore-truth.html …
0 retweets 0 likes"

Interesting comment from Pub Curmudgeon on Alan's blog:

"You were asking on my blog why you had been deleted from my blogroll. I can assure you that you haven't been, but for some reason the most recent post showing up is the Chesterfield one, so it's well down the list and outside the ten most recent that are displated by default."

Hmmm.

Rex_Rattus
16-05-2016, 18:18
I joined Alan at the tail end of one of his East London marathons, and as I recall we had an enjoyable couple of beers together.

Whatever the facts of whether he was pushed from, or jumped from, the forum I reckon it's a great shame that a disagreement over "compass points" got so out of hand.

Mobyduck
16-05-2016, 19:51
I joined Alan at the tail end of one of his East London marathons, and as I recall we had an enjoyable couple of beers together.

Whatever the facts of whether he was pushed from, or jumped from, the forum I reckon it's a great shame that a disagreement over "compass points" got so out of hand.

I have to agree with that Rex, I can see all points in this saga but I feel somethings not quite right here.

london calling
16-05-2016, 20:15
Seems like a well balanced chap.A chip on both shoulders.All forums are voluntary and if you don't like them move on.For him to have a dig at someone on his own blog seems childish and unnecessary. He has shot himself in the foot with that rant on his blog.I side with Trainman.

sheffield hatter
16-05-2016, 21:23
Seems like a well balanced chap.A chip on both shoulders.All forums are voluntary and if you don't like them move on.For him to have a dig at someone on his own blog seems childish and unnecessary. He has shot himself in the foot with that rant on his blog.I side with Trainman.

A little over the top to call it a rant. More like a whinge. He doesn't understand computers and blogs, and when something goes wrong which he doesn't understand he has a gripe about it, and appears to be a tad paranoid.

I agree his reaction to the changes in the compass point areas was tedious and prolonged, and he should have been invited to put a sock in it. I understand that there's supposed to be a cooling off period, which can be started by a moderator and results in forum rights being suspended for a short period before being restored, but apparently the code has not been written correctly and it doesn't work.

What the majority of us have not seen, of course, are the final posts which appear to have prompted Dave to kick him off the forum. Alan has said on his own blog that there was nothing wrong with those posts, but he's not exactly his own most severe critic, is he! I guess that Dave's complete absence from this thread, apart from starting it, means that we are not going to become enlightened any time soon.

Mobyduck
17-05-2016, 07:39
A little over the top to call it a rant. More like a whinge. He doesn't understand computers and blogs, and when something goes wrong which he doesn't understand he has a gripe about it, and appears to be a tad paranoid.

I agree his reaction to the changes in the compass point areas was tedious and prolonged, and he should have been invited to put a sock in it. I understand that there's supposed to be a cooling off period, which can be started by a moderator and results in forum rights being suspended for a short period before being restored, but apparently the code has not been written correctly and it doesn't work.

What the majority of us have not seen, of course, are the final posts which appear to have prompted Dave to kick him off the forum. Alan has said on his own blog that there was nothing wrong with those posts, but he's not exactly his own most severe critic, is he! I guess that Dave's complete absence from this thread, apart from starting it, means that we are not going to become enlightened any time soon.
I think Will sums it up well and I think this thread should end there as most of us don't know the full details. Time to move on.

Thuck Phat
24-05-2016, 09:36
I'll miss him.