PDA

View Full Version : FAO Conard.. Latest

hopwas
04-10-2007, 13:46
Hi Conard!

Couldn't make tmw for another pub crawl due to work. So I have moved date to either 8th or 9th Oct. I am torn between Burton Upon Trent (Brewing Capital of UK) or somewhere in Birmingham (Such as Halesowen, Stourbridge where there is lack of pictures in their own section)

Halesowen is well known for real ale haven.. Most famous being http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/38423/

Stourbridge is real mystery to me as I never drank there despite being birmingham born! So It would be interesting place for me. Plenty of pubs need to be photographed.

Burton Upon Trent.. regular haunt for me as I was student there ten years ago and plenty of pubs dotted around. Pint always seems in perfect condition regardless where in Burton.. Why? cos it is the Brewing Captial of UK!!

Conrad
05-10-2007, 10:54
Well I can't use my narrow them down by how well covered they are, all of them have pretty poor coverage.

Also not an area of the country I have ever done more than drive through, brewing capital is always a good sign, although I am not sure the student days will help. Most of the pubs I went to back in my student days are rubbish or closed now (although I may only have gone there for the £1/pint deals :o )

hopwas
09-10-2007, 09:59
Called off my trip to Stourbridge today because of atrocious weather in Midlands.

Ah well! There is always next time! :)

Ian

Conrad
09-10-2007, 13:15
Yeah I think that weather passed over us during the night, all feels a bit grim here in Bristol but not actually raining.

Better luck next time, I fear we are about to enter the sites Winter lull though. At least it is an opportunity to support the local pubs though.