PDA

View Full Version : Serendipitous Moment of the Week

Thuck Phat
09-02-2016, 10:27
As a counterpoint to Disappointment of the Week, although possibly less fun, a place to post things which have been better than expected.

I haven't been able to find a word which is the opposite, or antonym as my young daughter tells me, of disappointment, hence nice surprise.

With a big thank you to Mr. Trainman for title change suggestion.

My nice surprise of last week was Tring Sidepocket for a Toad which I remember as being an incredibly dull, even for the category, BBB, malty and sweet with no discernible hops at 3.6%. Having tried two or three last week in the vicinity of Tring, it has clearly improved and the brewery now describe it as having "unmistakeable citrus and floral notes". I'd go along with that although it is by no means overwhelmingly hoppy but a well balanced, refreshing and quaffable session ale.

Great work from Tring in turning a beer from 'one to avoid' to 'worth seeking out'.

sheffield hatter
09-02-2016, 15:38
As a counterpoint to Disappointment of the Week, although possibly less fun, a place to post things which have been better than expected.

I haven't been able to find a word which is the opposite, or antonym as my young daughter tells me, of disappointment, hence nice surprise.

My nice surprise of last week was Tring Sidepocket for a Toad which I remember as being an incredibly dull, even for the category, BBB, malty and sweet with no discernible hops at 3.6%. Having tried two or three last week in the vicinity of Tring, it has clearly improved and the brewery now describe it as having "unmistakeable citrus and floral notes". I'd go along with that although it is by no means overwhelmingly hoppy but a well balanced, refreshing and quaffable session ale.

Great work from Tring in turning a beer from 'one to avoid' to 'worth seeking out'.

Good idea for the thread, Charlie. I also had a couple of drinks of Side Pocket last week - see my Tring (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/tring-town/hertfordshire/) reviews. I thought Jack O'Legs was the Brown Bitter in the Tring stable? (I refuse to use the word Boring in the context of Tring beers.) Whatever, I agree with you that Side Pocket is "well balanced, refreshing and quaffable". I'm happy that it's not too hoppy, in the sense of citrus and floral notes, but I did note a pleasant lingering bitterness, particularly in the first of the day in the Anchor (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14941/). Which pub, by the way, I would say is also "worth seeking out", though I see that Nev had a bad experience with a radio station - it was pleasantly quiet at the time of my visit.

bcfczuluarmy
09-02-2016, 23:35
The Swan With Two Necks (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/672/) £2 a pint of Carling after £2 a pint can of Fosters in the The Russell Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/625/). All that well above the nice surprise of £6 for a pint of Brooklyn Lager in The Wild Duck Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60231/) the other day, thankfully it wasn't my round...

Yes its lager but it still fits the criteria of the thread especially if those that have met me know what I drink.

Thuck Phat
10-02-2016, 10:59
Good idea for the thread, Charlie. I also had a couple of drinks of Side Pocket last week - see my Tring (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/tring-town/hertfordshire/) reviews. I thought Jack O'Legs was the Brown Bitter in the Tring stable? (I refuse to use the word Boring in the context of Tring beers.) Whatever, I agree with you that Side Pocket is "well balanced, refreshing and quaffable". I'm happy that it's not too hoppy, in the sense of citrus and floral notes, but I did note a pleasant lingering bitterness, particularly in the first of the day in the Anchor (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14941/). Which pub, by the way, I would say is also "worth seeking out", though I see that Nev had a bad experience with a radio station - it was pleasantly quiet at the time of my visit.

Thanks Will. I'm afraid that my experience of The Anchor wasn't as good as yours but in the spirit of Nice Surprises I did enjoy The Castle (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14945/) which was ahead of any expectations.

london calling
27-02-2016, 20:35
My nice surprise was seeing 10 handpumps with nothing that really interested me and on a whim thought I would give Wadworth -6x a go for old times sake.Really enjoyable 2 pints.There is still room for the brown twiggy well made beers.

Thuck Phat
29-02-2016, 10:15
The Old Millwrights Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/2077/), Aylesbury.

Previously a GK pub pretending to offer guests but riddled with various, disguised GK offerings but now with a genuine range of beer from local and national micros. A genuine surprise and a very pleasant one.

Mobyduck
29-02-2016, 19:23
Irving Frigate, a beer I have had before from a brewery I don't rate, yet it was excellent, something to be said for drinking beer in its home town, what a nice surprise.

Mobyduck
24-04-2016, 09:17
Charrington IPA 4.5% was excellent at Farnham Beerex yesterday, took me by surprise nicely.

trainman
24-04-2016, 18:10

Serendipity..?

Mobyduck
24-04-2016, 18:38
Serendipity..?

Nice word, a bit posh.

Thuck Phat
25-04-2016, 10:04
Serendipity..?

That's a great suggestion and much closer than anything I came up with. Does Serendipity of The Week work?

sheffield hatter
25-04-2016, 15:45
Serendipity..?

Nice word, a bit posh.

The "faculty of making fortunate or beneficial discoveries by accident". It's one of the most beautiful words in the English language, deriving from the old word for Sri Lanka, Serendip. Invented by Hugh Walpole in 1754.

And suggested by Trainman. Posh? You're having a laugh, ain't ya?

Mobyduck
25-04-2016, 19:26
Fair point. :rolleyes:

Aqualung
25-04-2016, 21:18
The "faculty of making fortunate or beneficial discoveries by accident". It's one of the most beautiful words in the English language

Blimey, all this cerebral stuff is doing me 'ed in!!

Thuck Phat
26-04-2016, 09:53
The next question is: How do I edit the Thread Title?

If anyone knows then please let me know and I'll do the honours. Dave?

ROBCamra
26-04-2016, 10:40
The next question is: How do I edit the Thread Title?

If anyone knows then please let me know and I'll do the honours. Dave?

Like that! ;)

You may need Moderator privileges, but you should be able to edit your own thread anyway.

I clicked on Administrative at the top right and then on Edit thread button.

trainman
26-04-2016, 11:39
That's a great suggestion and much closer than anything I came up with. Does Serendipity of The Week work?
Serendipitous moment of the week?

Oy!

Fair point. :rolleyes:
And again... Oy! easy...

Thuck Phat
26-04-2016, 15:10
Like that! ;)

You may need Moderator privileges, but you should be able to edit your own thread anyway.

I clicked on Administrative at the top right and then on Edit thread button.

Thank you ROB. Perhaps we ought to go with Serendipitious Moment of The Week as Trainman put the suggestion forward and it sounds even more intellectual.

ROBCamra
26-04-2016, 15:26
Thank you ROB. Perhaps we ought to go with Serendipitious Moment of The Week as Trainman put the suggestion forward and it sounds even more intellectual.

Do you want to try it first?

As I said you should be able to edit your own thread.

sheffield hatter
26-04-2016, 15:28
Perhaps we ought to go with Serendipitious Moment of The Week as Trainman put the suggestion forward and it sounds even more intellectual.

:)

Thuck Phat
26-04-2016, 16:15
Do you want to try it first?

As I said you should be able to edit your own thread.

Thank you again. Done now although it took me a moment to nail the spelling.

ROBCamra
26-04-2016, 16:23
Thank you again. Done now although it took me a moment to nail the spelling.

Hmmm! Interesting. The title inside the thread had been amended, but the headline thread name hadn't changed. :confused:

I've changed it now, using your spelling of course. :p

trainman
26-04-2016, 17:59
I've changed it now, using your spelling of course. :p
Really..?

Maldenman
26-04-2016, 18:06
Trainman posh? Course he is, he's from Didsbury you know. I'll not mention schools.......:whistle:

sheffield hatter
26-04-2016, 21:37
I've changed it now, using your spelling of course.

I'm not quite clear whose idea it was to spell serendipitous with an extra i: serendipitious is not in my copy of Chambers. Perhaps I need to buy a posh dictionary?

Thuck Phat
27-04-2016, 07:24
Really..?

Entirely down to me. Thank you again ROB

Back to the thread: I was given a bottle of Einstock Olgerd Icelandic Smoked Porter which in itself was serendipitous. Made with Icelandic roasted coffee according to the bottle. The second nice surprise was how good it was and how well it went with a piece of stilton. Serendipity all round.

Al 10000
27-04-2016, 15:34
Trainman posh? Course he is, he's from Didsbury you know. I'll not mention schools.......:whistle:

Didsbury is one of the posher suburbs i have done in the City of Manchester while on my mission in the 90s to do every pub and bar in the city.

I always wondered what serendipity meant,fat too posher word for me to know about.

trainman
13-06-2016, 18:07
Had a 7-case delivery from Thornbridge sat outside since 11:00am (she usually works from home Mondays, but not today!)
My nice surprise was that it was all still there when I got home at 18:00!

Mobyduck
13-06-2016, 22:05
Had a 7-case delivery from Thornbridge sat outside since 11:00am (she usually works from home Mondays, but not today!)
My nice surprise was that it was all still there when I got home at 18:00!

Had it been a case of Fosters , some scroat would surely have had it away.

Bucking Fastard
18-09-2016, 20:24
Wandering around Uxbridge in search of a decent pint and walking straight out of three pubs due to shocking real ale options resulted in a least worst choice of a pint of Theakstons Old Peculier ,which was very enjoyable and a real upside surprise.I will treat it with more respect next time I find it on.

aleandhearty
19-09-2016, 15:14
Theakstons Old Peculier ,which was very enjoyable and a real upside surprise.I will treat it with more respect next time I find it on.

Was quite surprised to read this FB. I've always considered a decent pint of OP to be a lovely drop. Was your impression of Theakstons based on the truly execrable Best Bitter? I must admit we don't see an awful lot of their other beers in West Yorkshire, maybe 'oldboots' could fill in a few gaps.

oldboots
19-09-2016, 16:09
maybe 'oldboots' could fill in a few gaps.

Theakstons Best Bitter is phenomenally popular round here, so much so that the Hambleton Ales brewery tap had to put it back in alongside their own beers after a customer revolt. Most prefer it to Black Sheep, probably because Theakstons Best is sweet whereas the Sheep Bitter is fairly dry. The popularity can be a problem as it can be in outlets that shouldn't have any cask beers, but when on form it's very drinkable just a bit too sweet for hop addicts.

OP isn't so much of a North Yorkshire favourite in spite of it being such a good beer, maybe that's why there's less difference between OP and Riggwelter than between the bitters. North Yorkshire drinkers are a bit conservative, they don't like it too strong and certainly no degree of haze is acceptable in a pale beer. Even John Smiths cask is a big seller, as is the Black Country Tetleys. You have to remember we only have the fleshpots of York, Scarborough and Harrogate everywhere else is rural and multi-pump "craft" beer bars don't exist there, we travel to the metropolitan delights of Leeds for that.

Getting back to the beer, Theakstons Lightfoot isn't bad, XB is very good and some of their seasonals can be excellent but Theakstons are not as adventurous as Black Sheep who have a small batch brewery and the My Generation brand, however their beers do taste similar. I'm not keen on Theakstons Black Bull and have no problem drinking Best Bitter when it's right. Theakstons are also just getting over a serious yeast infection and are now back to full production.

aleandhearty
19-09-2016, 18:30
Getting back to the beer, Theakstons Lightfoot isn't bad, XB is very good and some of their seasonals can be excellent but Theakstons are not as adventurous as Black Sheep who have a small batch brewery and the My Generation brand, however their beers do taste similar. I'm not keen on Theakstons Black Bull and have no problem drinking Best Bitter when it's right. Theakstons are also just getting over a serious yeast infection and are now back to full production.

Never knowingly had Lightfoot. Agreed XB can be very good. Like you, I'm not keen on Black Bull. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Best.

sheffield hatter
19-09-2016, 19:25
Agreed XB can be very good.

I understand that Theakstons XB is in fact a blend of Best Bitter and Old Peculier in the proportion of approximately 66:33. Certainly it was proposed as such to me by the then landlord of The Newfield Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61066/) in the Duddon Valley about 20 years ago. He had Best and he had Old P, and when I expressed regret that he didn't have XB he said he would make one for me, in those proportions, because that was what it was. It certainly tasted like an XB, and I have never had reason to doubt what he said.

aleandhearty
19-09-2016, 21:54
I understand that Theakstons XB is in fact a blend of Best Bitter and Old Peculier in the proportion of approximately 66:33. Certainly it was proposed as such to me by the then landlord of The Newfield Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61066/) in the Duddon Valley about 20 years ago. He had Best and he had Old P, and when I expressed regret that he didn't have XB he said he would make one for me, in those proportions, because that was what it was. It certainly tasted like an XB, and I have never had reason to doubt what he said.

I'll have to take your word for it, Will. TBH, it's quite a while since I've had a pint of XB.

Wittenden
19-09-2016, 22:12
Never knowingly had Lightfoot. Agreed XB can be very good. Like you, I'm not keen on Black Bull. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the Best.
Looking back, Theakston BB is the beer I always miss,gravitating towards Lightfoot.I have a soft spot for it,being a ray of sunlight in the gloom of mid 70s County Durham. I'm yet to try XB.Something to look forward to in the New Year.

Bucking Fastard
22-09-2016, 08:25
Was quite surprised to read this FB. I've always considered a decent pint of OP to be a lovely drop. Was your impression of Theakstons based on the truly execrable Best Bitter?

Being a southern based drinker of real ale in the 70's and 80's ,it was quite common to see Old Peculier in those days in free house real ale outlets that were springing up.I suspect there were quality issues at some of these pubs,often in London,and maybe that coloured my perception of OP.However I did find a Theakstons tied house in Handsacre with very good OP a couple of years ago,so I was pleased this wasn't a one off,as confirmed by my pint of it recently in the Queens Head,Uxbridge.

Aqualung
22-09-2016, 18:41
Theakston's BB and XB were Spoon's stalwarts back in the 1990s before they decided that GK was a better option than S & N. A really horrible concoction called Younger's Scotch was thw cheapo option. This was so bad it made GK beers seem like trendy craft alternatives.
I've been drinking OP for forty years but never on a regular basis so can't comment on any S & N vs Theakston's debate. It did strike me that Riggwelter was an obvious copy of OP.

Rex_Rattus
30-09-2016, 16:31
I visited the Mad Hatter (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24297/) a couple of days ago, and it being a Fuller's pub/hotel I pretty much expected to find the Fuller's usual suspects on. Yes of course London Pride, Oliver's Island, Seafarer's and ESB were all on, but there was also a pump with a Vintage Ale clip on it. I've only ever seen this in bottles before, but observing my interest the friendly barman offered me a taster - and who's going to say no to that? A magnificent 8.5% rich and fruity ale such as this for £4.50 a pint seemed good value to me (by London standards anyway).

Aqualung
30-09-2016, 18:22
I visited the Mad Hatter (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24297/) a couple of days ago, and it being a Fuller's pub/hotel I pretty much expected to find the Fuller's usual suspects on. Yes of course London Pride, Oliver's Island, Seafarer's and ESB were all on, but there was also a pump with a Vintage Ale clip on it. I've only ever seen this in bottles before, but observing my interest the friendly barman offered me a taster - and who's going to say no to that? A magnificent 8.5% rich and fruity ale such as this for £4.50 a pint seemed good value to me (by London standards anyway).
It's good value by any standards You have to grasp the nettle when opportunities like this arise. How many pints did you get through?

Rex_Rattus
30-09-2016, 20:05
It's good value by any standards You have to grasp the nettle when opportunities like this arise. How many pints did you get through?

Just a half! I'm always making mistakes like that!

Aqualung
30-09-2016, 20:51
Just a half! I'm always making mistakes like that!

I'm usually making them in the other direction!

trainman
23-04-2017, 11:29
Popped outside from the almost empty Fox & Hounds in Caversham yesterday while pals had a tab in the sunshine; was highly surprised when I re-entered, just a few minutes later, to find a coach party had arrived, and there was gillhalfpint and Ray, sat centre room, both in fine fettle. Saw them again later, briefly, in the Nags before they re-boarded the charra and were off. Very pleased to see them, armed with beer diary and enjoying the circuits...

gillhalfpint
23-04-2017, 21:07
Great you see you too Trainman. Miss doing the tours with you all, but so much easier doing a pub crawl by coach now we are getting on a bit.

Thuck Phat
16-10-2017, 10:15
Moored at Fradley Junction with the only option being The Swan (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34296/) which previously offered a pedestrian range of national brands and basic pub grub.
We found it recently taken over by Everards and now offering four, well kept Everards beers and one guest which earned BOTW. The menu's been rejigged as well and the food was good. All excellent news it being the only pub in the village.

Mobyduck
06-05-2018, 09:13
Never had any Phipps beers before yesterdays Northampton trip, I was well impressed with both the IPA (although only 4.3%) and the Golden Mild, two excellent beers.

Aqualung
06-05-2018, 09:32
Never had any Phipps beers before yesterdays Northampton trip, I was well impressed with both the IPA (although only 4.3%) and the Golden Mild, two excellent beers.

Interesting, as I thought they were OK but not exceptional, maybe I was associating them too much with Watneys! I do have a recollection of a micropub landlady swearing by them. I certainly didn't get to try their Golden Mild.

Mobyduck
06-05-2018, 17:31
Interesting, as I thought they were OK but not exceptional, maybe I was associating them too much with Watneys! I do have a recollection of a micropub landlady swearing by them. I certainly didn't get to try their Golden Mild.

Not the best beers I've ever had but very, very nice and in tip top condition in two different pubs, one being the brewery tap, so you would expect good stuff.

Thuck Phat
19-12-2018, 10:27
A glow of gentle contentment spread when I realised that no outstanding candidates for "Worst Pub of the Year 2018" had been visited.

sheffield hatter
19-03-2019, 17:25
This is a beer that is brewed specially for The Three Stags Heads (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65760/), a pub I have visited only two or three times in my more than 20 years in Sheffield. (It has limited opening hours - Friday evening, plus Saturday and Sunday - almost like a micro-pub (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?29308-Micropub-oprning-hours&p=99461#post99461).) So I was surprised to find Abbeydale Black Lurcher (https://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/home/beers/archive/) on a midweek visit to The Devonshire Cat (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55761/). Apparently, a (wooden) cask of Black Lurcher was produced for the Dev Cat by Abbeydale for Sheffield Beer Week. It went on last Friday (15th March) and was still in good nick today at the discounted price of £2.75 per pint. I didn't discover the price until I'd already ordered a half, and was immediately tempted to have a pint as well, but eventually contented myself with a second half - it is 7% after all. Although described as an old ale, it comes across as more of a black IPA these days - very nice.

Mobyduck
19-03-2019, 19:09
This is a beer that is brewed specially for The Three Stags Heads (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65760/), a pub I have visited only two or three times in my more than 20 years in Sheffield. (It has limited opening hours - Friday evening, plus Saturday and Sunday - almost like a micro-pub (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?29308-Micropub-oprning-hours&p=99461#post99461).) So I was surprised to find Abbeydale Black Lurcher (https://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/home/beers/archive/) on a midweek visit to The Devonshire Cat (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55761/). Apparently, a (wooden) cask of Black Lurcher was produced for the Dev Cat by Abbeydale for Sheffield Beer Week. It went on last Friday (15th March) and was still in good nick today at the discounted price of £2.75 per pint. I didn't discover the price until I'd already ordered a half, and was immediately tempted to have a pint as well, but eventually contented myself with a second half - it is 7% after all. Although described as an old ale, it comes across as more of a black IPA these days - very nice.

I don't know that beer, I'm a bit wary of descriptions, Old ale is not really my thing so would normally avoid it if there were other choices, but a black IPA would probably grab my attention more so, at the end of the day if it tastes good it doesn't really matter how it's described, at 7% caution is the way forward.

Aqualung
19-03-2019, 20:05
I'd already ordered a half, and was immediately tempted to have a pint as well, but eventually contented myself with a second half - it is 7% after all. Although described as an old ale, it comes across as more of a black IPA these days - very nice.

I wonder if it's a variation on their Black Mass which is a permanent and eminently drinkable strong porter (or whatever!). Despite Abbeydale having been around a long time (25 years+?) I'll still give them the time of day. Is there anywhere that does their Last Rites?

Wittenden
19-03-2019, 22:08

What a pub,what a beer! Highly drinkable.

Komakino
15-11-2020, 00:22
Popped into my local Co-Op to grab a couple of beers for this evening, and was delighted to see a couple of new beers in their range; kiddie cans from this (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/86874/) local brewery. The Inside Out stout in particular is seriously drinkable, and I can see myself stocking up on a few more of these now I'm into my dark beer phase of the year.

Pangolin
15-11-2020, 01:05
Pleased to discover that Big Smoke now have their Underworld Milk Stout (5%) available in 4 pint containers from cask, rather than cans, still at £2.50 a pint and very nice too.

They have also brought out an Imperial Stout at 9%, but at £4.00 for a 330ml can, so not rushing.

Thuck Phat
10-11-2021, 10:33
Serendipitous moment of last week to be accurate.

The skipper and I visited the Tamworth Tap (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/86219/) for the first time. What a great boozer. Ten real ales across strength and styles, great atmosphere and a log burner going on a cold night. As if that wasn't enough their on site brewery provided my Beer of The Week. Didn't expect it to be anything like that good being a shop conversion in the middle of Tamworth and along with a visit to the excellent Rusty Barrel (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/86278/) the week was thoroughly decent.

sheffield hatter
10-11-2021, 10:49
The skipper and I visited the Tamworth Tap (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/86219/) for the first time. What a great boozer. Ten real ales across strength and styles, great atmosphere and a log burner going on a cold night. As if that wasn't enough their on site brewery provided my Beer of The Week. Didn't expect it to be anything like that good being a shop conversion in the middle of Tamworth

Yes, I read the review posted a few days back. Sounds great. I think Quinno mentioned it last year, and I made a note of Tamworth as a possible Midlands crawl - maybe in conjunction with nearby Lichfield, as there are probably not enough decent pubs in either town, but together they would make a worthy destination.

Thuck Phat
10-11-2021, 15:10
Good luck with that.

Either way, the Tamworth Tap is worthy of a visit on its’ own merits if my experience was anything to go by.

Gann
19-11-2021, 10:14
My recent moment(s) comes from last Saturday when I was en route to Twickers to watch the rugger buggers and firstly popped in The Sussex Arms (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/27848/) with hope that some of their pumps would be on to find all 20 on the go and a truly exceptional pint of Oakham Citra. And then secondly walking through the back streets to the ground found the Twickenham Brewery open on match days and a couple of enjoyable pints amongst the brewing kit here. Noticed its not on PuG so will be adding it later.

london calling
20-11-2021, 19:55
Went into the waterloo tap.had an out of date credit card but the staff agreed to take cash if I had the right money.next to the kings arms waterloo.didnt know what the problem with my card was but asked if they would check it before they poured my beer.didnt work.but they gave me a half for free.love london1.went to st felix place brewery tap next .sorry card only but the girl manning the desk said no problem and went and got me a free half of this new brewery.love london 2.nobody in the Borough market took cash but in the rake I asked 2bguys at the bar if they could get me a drink on there card I would give them the money but the bought me a pint and refused the money .love london 3..can't thank these people enough as my night could have been ruined.

trainman
21-11-2021, 08:24
Went into the waterloo tap.had an out of date credit card but the staff agreed to take cash if I had the right money.next to the kings arms waterloo.didnt know what the problem with my card was but asked if they would check it before they poured my beer.didnt work.but they gave me a half for free.love london1.went to st felix place brewery tap next .sorry card only but the girl manning the desk said no problem and went and got me a free half of this new brewery.love london 2.nobody in the Borough market took cash but in the rake I asked 2bguys at the bar if they could get me a drink on there card I would give them the money but the bought me a pint and refused the money .love london 3..can't thank these people enough as my night could have been ruined.
Outstanding!