PDA

View Full Version : Walthamstow Mini Crawl

Real Ale Ray
26-01-2016, 19:33
Gann mentioned last time we met, that Walthamstow was worth a visit. I am in London for a couple of days in Feb, so am planning on going to Walthamstow on Mon 15th. BF has already confirmed meeting up with me, so if anyone else fancies it, you're more than welcome.

Aqualung
30-01-2016, 22:07
Gann mentioned last time we met, that Walthamstow was worth a visit. I am in London for a couple of days in Feb, so am planning on going to Walthamstow on Mon 15th. BF has already confirmed meeting up with me, so if anyone else fancies it, you're more than welcome.

I doubt if I'll be able to make it. Check the opening times. Wild Card won't be open at all, the new Mirth (and any other Antic pub apart from the Red Lion in E11) is 16:00, the Chequers in the Market is 17:00. The Rose & Crown and Bell are both 12:00. A couple of years ago I tried to visit the Nag's Head on a Friday afternoon at around 14:00 and it was shut! CAMRA still say it's 12:00. I haven't been to the Drum for a few years but have been told it's sliding into the abyss. The William IV in Leyton is still 11:00 as far as I know but it's dead at that time of day.

Mobyduck
31-01-2016, 10:44
Don't think I'll be able to get the day off work, so unlikely for me,I assume you will be in Hull Ray ,so see you there.

Real Ale Ray
31-01-2016, 12:24
Thanks for this info Aqualung, some good pubs to visit by the looks of things. Catch you again at some point.

Yes will be in Hull Moby, so see you there. Cheers

Al 10000
31-01-2016, 17:17
If you are going with Nev aka Bucking Fastard,
you will have a good guide to Walthamstow,i did all but two pubs in the E17 area and Nev did most with me
we did'nt cherry pick but did any pub that was open,still mad about missing out on the two remaining pubs to the North of Walthamstow.

Bucking Fastard
31-01-2016, 20:32
still mad about missing out on the two remaining pubs to the North of Walthamstow.

I do hope I didn't slow you down to cause this calamity ;) but I was getting quite:nishelypished:

Aqualung
31-01-2016, 22:00
Don't forget the CAMRA 10% discount in the Bell. As it's local for me it's about the only place where I always remember it.

london calling
31-01-2016, 23:18
I may be wrong but I found Walthamstowe pretty cack for pubs.I wait to see how Ray reviews the pubs.

Aqualung
31-01-2016, 23:46
I may be wrong but I found Walthamstowe pretty cack for pubs.I wait to see how Ray reviews the pubs.

I agree, the only three I visit and not that often are Wild Card, Rose & Crown and the Bell plus the WFSC Club for beer festivals or voting but the council want to shut that down to build unaffordable housing!

Al 10000
03-02-2016, 18:10
I do hope I didn't slow you down to cause this calamity ;) but I was getting quite:nishelypished:

No not at all,they were not on my list to do as i wanted to those two crap pubs named after shoes but we did'nt really look for them properly,so when i ran short of pubs i had already walked south to get closer to the tube station.

Gann
07-02-2016, 08:23
Yep, Sorry I'm going to miss you Ray, but me and Mrs G will be in a warmer part of the world when you are down. Anyway enjoy and lets see what you think of the Nags Head as I know myself and BF have a different view on that one..:)
Shame you will miss the Wild card Brewery down the road as that is not open on a Monday I believe..

Real Ale Ray
08-02-2016, 18:20
Cheers Gann, looking forward to it. Catch you again at some stage. Enjoy the hols.

Real Ale Ray
17-02-2016, 16:40
Walthamstow mini crawl, I have to say, was a great success! Thanks to BF for getting us around on the day. All the beers we tried were in excellent condition and the variety of ales was also an added bonus.

Looking forward now to getting some reviews done, as we managed a total of 10 pubs on the day.