PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 13th December 2015)

ROBCamra
13-12-2015, 12:49
Thuck Phat: Kelham Island Good For Your Elf
Bucking Fastard: Oakham Green Devil IPA
Mobyduck: Ironbridge Gold
Aqualung: Brodie's Hackney Red IPA
oldboots: Marble Stouter Stout
rpadam: Joule's Old No. 6 Winter Warmer
Wittenden: Old Dairy Blue Top
hondo: Banks's Sunbeam
aleandhearty: Rat Ratmospheric
ROBCamra: Drygate Pale Duke

Thuck Phat
13-12-2015, 14:36
To choose from:

Oakham Bishops Farewell*
Naylors Yellow Snow
Kelham Island Good For Your Elf*

BOTW Kelham Island Good For Your Elf. Intensely bitter and improves with the drinking. An easy pass of the three pint test at 4.7%.

Bucking Fastard
13-12-2015, 18:10
Only 1 pub visit...

and so BOTW was Oakham Green Devil IPA in superb form in The George,Croydon and only missed the 3PT by a half due to time constraints caused by train times.A fantastic Citra based IPA,complex yet easily downed for a 6%.

Next week out most night topped off by the annual Hertford pub crawl,so there will be a lot of contenders.

Mobyduck
13-12-2015, 18:56
Quiet for me on the pub front as well,
Darkstar Hophead 3.7%
Firebrand Cross Pacific Pale Ale 4.0%
Ironbridge Gold 4.4%
Charles Wells Good Stuffing 4.5%

The Ironbridge Gold hit the spot this evening after a days work. BOTW

Aqualung
13-12-2015, 19:46
Not much of a week for me :-

Brentwood Santa's Paradise 3.5%
Truman's Zephyr 4.4%
Windsor & Eton Mandarin 4.5%*
Portobello Market Porter 4.6%
Windsor & Eton 882 Seattle Porter 4.8%
Ringwood 49'er 4.9%
Bingham Space Hoppy IPA 5.0%
Brodie's Old Street Pale 5.0%
Windsor & Eton Conqueror 5.0%
Hook Norton AFO 5.4%
Brodie's Hackney Red IPA 6.1%*
Greene King Abbot Reserve 6.5%
Brodie's Hoxton Special IPA 6.6%*

The easy winner is the Brodie's Hackney Red IPA making a rare outing on cask and in immaculate condition at the E10 William IV for £3.30.

BOTW Brodie's Hackney Red IPA

oldboots
13-12-2015, 19:59
another very thin week for me due to work and illness but this was extremely good : Marble Stouter Stout

rpadam
13-12-2015, 21:54
Stand-out beer of the week was a splendid pint of Joule's Brewery Old No. 6 Winter Warmer, partaken at Ye Olde Rose & Crown (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34598/) in Stafford.

Wittenden
13-12-2015, 22:48
Quiet in Kent:
Old Dairy-Blue Top 4.8%abv:Best drop of Blue in ages. I'm sure they've upped the hops.Berries in the finish.My BOTW, but backed up by a serendipitous bottle of Oakham's Citra.

hondo
14-12-2015, 06:32
Banks's - Sunbeam

trainman
14-12-2015, 06:42
Quiet in Kent:
Old Dairy-Blue Top 4.8%abv:Best drop of Blue in ages. I'm sure they've upped the hops.Berries in the finish.My BOTW, but backed up by a serendipitous bottle of Oakham's Citra.
Where was this Wiittenden? I still find it difficult to track down Old Dairy outlets...

Wittenden
14-12-2015, 08:19
Where was this Wiittenden? I still find it difficult to track down Old Dairy outlets...
This pub:The Milk House (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59023/) Three handpumps-always Harveys Sussex Best Bitter, and usually one sometimes two from ODB. Westerham, Rockin Robin and Tonbridge also seen. ODB pretty often seen in Tenterden and adjoining areas. Good luck!

Aqualung
14-12-2015, 08:24
This pub:The Milk House (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59023/) Three handpumps-always Harveys Sussex Best Bitter, and usually one sometimes two from ODB. Westerham, Rockin Robin and Tonbridge also seen. ODB pretty often seen in Tenterden and adjoining areas. Good luck!
I've seen them in more than one of the SE London micropubs.

aleandhearty
14-12-2015, 10:37
Reasonable week for me, which would probably have been even better if flooding hadn't disrupted our train journey between Leeds - Skipton and eaten into our session time.

York - Mocha me Mad.*
Brass Castle - Northern Blonde.
Fernandes - Malt Shovel Mild.*
Rat - Ratmospheric.*
Okells - Bitter.
Copper Dragon - Liberty.
Grey Hawk - Dark Desert Highway.
Kirkstall - Dissolution IPA.*
Tring - Catstail.
Three Peaks - Blea Porter.
Scarborough - Citra.*

For the second week in a row, a Rat brew is BOTW. Pale and hoppy, as many are, but so drinkable. Easily passed the three pint test.

ROBCamra
24-12-2015, 12:46
Drygate Pale Duke 4%. A pleasant, hoppy, session ale.

A new brewery to me based in Glasgow.

Noticed that Boggart Distribution had some available so ordered it for The Baum.

Hope the rest of their beers are as good and that we can get some more. :cheers: