PDA

View Full Version : london crawl post christmas

london calling
27-11-2015, 21:48
I have time off between Christmas and new year and usually have a day out on the piss rather than my usual nocturnal ticking.Its nice to see the inside of pubs during daylight.Anyone fancy joining me on crawl around London on Tues 29th or wed 30th December.28th is a bank holiday so don't know if all pubs will be open.Area to be decided depending on response .cheers john

Mobyduck
28-11-2015, 19:34
I have time off between Christmas and new year and usually have a day out on the piss rather than my usual nocturnal ticking.Its nice to see the inside of pubs during daylight.Anyone fancy joining me on crawl around London on Tues 29th or wed 30th December.28th is a bank holiday so don't know if all pubs will be open.Area to be decided depending on response .cheers john

Yes I'm interested John,can't do 29th but 30th is a possibility.

Quinno
28-11-2015, 20:46
I suspect I'll be on tour but if I am free will join.

trainman
29-11-2015, 10:03
I'll be working but could perhaps check your whereabouts early evening for a couple.

ETA
30-11-2015, 16:19
Sadly I'll be out of the country those days otherwise London would have been a good bet.

london calling
03-12-2015, 21:20
As Moby is the only probable/ maybe who requested a date 30th suits me .That's the date and we can sort out where about a week before.cheers john

Mobyduck
03-12-2015, 22:40
As Moby is the only probable/ maybe who requested a date 30th suits me .That's the date and we can sort out where about a week before.cheers john
Sounds good.

Bucking Fastard
04-12-2015, 11:30
John,

On the 30th I am meeting some people in a pub in Kings Cross around 6pm,but I would be up for joining you before that time on the early part of the crawl.With an all zones travel card I am very flexible on venues and will go with the flow.:cheers:

Mobyduck
04-12-2015, 19:36
John,

On the 30th I am meeting some people in a pub in Kings Cross around 6pm,but I would be up for joining you before that time on the early part of the crawl.With an all zones travel card I am very flexible on venues and will go with the flow.:cheers:
:cheers:

Mobyduck
05-12-2015, 21:43
Bumped into Gann today in the Southampton Arms, and he's up for the 30th as it stands at the moment. :drinkup:

london calling
19-12-2015, 20:43
Right lets sort out some details for the meet-up.What time 12.00 or earlier.As Bucking has to be in Kingscross for 6.00 its best we do a central London crawl as it wastes time going out to the suburbs and there are loads of interesting pubs that the possible attendees haven't been to.Quinno,s the only one who may have to do re-visits. Possible pub list to follow.

london calling
19-12-2015, 20:49
No point meeting at a Wetherspoons.What about the Harp.Good beer I find helps for the first one.We can start at Trafalger square then along the Strand ,up through Clerkenwell towards Kings cross.We can change any pub for a better one as we go along.

Mobyduck
19-12-2015, 20:52
Right lets sort out some details for the meet-up.What time 12.00 or earlier.As Bucking has to be in Kingscross for 6.00 its best we do a central London crawl as it wastes time going out to the suburbs and there are loads of interesting pubs that the possible attendees haven't been to.Quinno,s the only one who may have to do re-visits. Possible pub list to follow.

I'm sure you're up to speed John but some pubs are notorious for not playing ball between xmas and New year, i.e closing for the week or reducing beer range, a little pre visit investigation may be required, I have fallen foul before.

Mobyduck
19-12-2015, 20:56
No point meeting at a Wetherspoons.What about the Harp.Good beer I find helps for the first one.We can start at Trafalger square then along the Strand ,up through Clerkenwell towards Kings cross.We can change any pub for a better one as we go along.

Harp will be an excellent start, open from 10.30 officially , a bit earlier for those in the know. :whistle:
Prices have now gone up but there is a significant discount with a CAMRA card.

london calling
19-12-2015, 21:16
The 3OTH should be ok for most of these pubs.Maybe the Farrindon ones wont be open but we can change tack easy enough.

london calling
19-12-2015, 21:23
Harp
Admiralty traf square
Old shades Whitehall
Coal hole Strand
Temple brew house temple
Punch tavern fleet st
Tipparrary fleet st
Harrid and sons Farringdon
Hoop and Grapes Farringdon
9th ward Farringdon
Wilmington Exmouth market
Exmouth arms
Scottish stores kingscross
Resting hare Euston
Mostly walking but could catch a bus
but as Moby has pointed out plans will be fluid

Mobyduck
19-12-2015, 21:24
The 3OTH should be ok for most of these pubs.Maybe the Farrindon ones wont be open but we can change tackeasy enough.
Thats ok , may have a couple of mates tag along,I think big Steve is working though, in the past between xmas and new year have had trouble with the craft Leather Lane , only four beers on (Cask)
and Gunmakers and Drafthouse Charlotte shut.

Mobyduck
20-12-2015, 08:45
Harp
Admiralty traf square
Old shades Whitehall
Coal hole Strand
Temple brew house temple
Punch tavern fleet st
Tipparrary fleet st
Harrid and sons Farringdon
Hoop and Grapes Farringdon
9th ward Farringdon
Wilmington Exmouth market
Exmouth arms
Scottish stores kingscross
Resting hare Euston
Mostly walking but could catch a bus
but as Moby has pointed out plans will be fluid
An interesting list John.

trainman
20-12-2015, 09:46
Harp will be an excellent start...
Prices have now gone up but there is a significant discount with a CAMRA card.
Damn, I did not know that! But even without discount, still cheaper than less worthies in the area.
Some on that list I'll have to look up, you not having the Whippet on-map in the Euston direction?
I still hope to join for a couple post-work, I guess I'll need a contact number from one of the principals if you wouldn't mind pm-ing me...
Cheers, j

london calling
20-12-2015, 20:42
Damn, I did not know that! But even without discount, still cheaper than less worthies in the area.
Some on that list I'll have to look up, you not having the Whippet on-map in the Euston direction?
I still hope to join for a couple post-work, I guess I'll need a contact number from one of the principals if you wouldn't mind pm-ing me...
Cheers, j
Tried to find new pubs(although only 2 for me) and most of us have done the Whippet which is slightly out of the way.

london calling
20-12-2015, 20:44
An interesting list John.

Moby can you give Trainman your phone number .Not sure how to contact pming thing. cheers john

Mobyduck
20-12-2015, 20:59
Moby can you give Trainman your phone number .Not sure how to contact pming thing. cheers john
Already did it this morning.

Quinno
21-12-2015, 09:41
hopefully should make this...

Mobyduck
22-12-2015, 20:21
Tried to find new pubs(although only 2 for me) and most of us have done the Whippet which is slightly out of the way.

Only done 5 of the listed, so not bad.

Mobyduck
23-12-2015, 19:51
So what time to meet in The Harp (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/53779/) ?

london calling
23-12-2015, 20:32
So what time to meet in The Harp (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/53779/) ?

You say. 11.00 or 12.00

Mobyduck
23-12-2015, 20:36
You say. 11.00 or 12.00
I'll likely be there for 11.00 but happy to wait till 12.00 for any others.

london calling
23-12-2015, 20:52
Only done 5 of the listed, so not bad.

Surprising as I checked to find pubs less visited.Dismissing the Harp I thought only the Harrid and sons was a duplicate.

Mobyduck
23-12-2015, 21:00
Surprising as I checked to find pubs less visited.Dismissing the Harp I thought only the Harrid and sons was a duplicate.
Along with the Harp have done the Coal Hole, Tipparary, Punch and Harrild and sons , although The Tipparary and Punch Tavern were many moons ago. Last in the Coal Hole March 2010, reviewed on BITE under a different guise. :ninja:

london calling
23-12-2015, 23:50
Along with the Harp have done the Coal Hole, Tipparary, Punch and Harrild and sons , although The Tipparary and Punch Tavern were many moons ago.

As you haven't reviewed them I assumed they were new but as I said its fluid on the day.We can def give the Coal Hole a miss then.

Mobyduck
23-12-2015, 23:55
As you haven't reviewed them I assumed they were new but as I said its fluid on the day.We can def give the Coal Hole a miss then.

You can't always judge a book by it's cover ;)

london calling
27-12-2015, 22:19
Okay that's settled .We leave the Harp at 12.00 for the Admiralty then Old Shades if you are playing catch up. cheers john

Mobyduck
27-12-2015, 22:21
See you in the Harp.

Bucking Fastard
28-12-2015, 08:30
I will see you lads in the Harp just before noon :drinkup:

Quinno
29-12-2015, 23:37
Damage to Chez Quinno following the bad weather demands my attention tomorrow, so unfortunately I can't make it. Enjoy!

Mobyduck
30-12-2015, 19:37
Been a good day out,currently still in The Euston Tap, last man standing :nishelypished:

Mobyduck
30-12-2015, 22:57
Back home now, a good day out and good company, thanks LC and BF.

london calling
30-12-2015, 23:54
Back home now, a good day out and good company, thanks LC and BF.
Thanks for the company.Enjoyed it .Some good beers as well. cheers

Bucking Fastard
31-12-2015, 11:11
Thanks for the company.Enjoyed it .Some good beers as well. cheers

Yes it was a very good crawl,great company and I picked up very useful gen on the new pub and brewers scene in London.:bemerry:
Spending the rest of the evening in the Scottish Stores was a mistake,however:nishelypished: