PDA

View Full Version : I only went out for a few pints with the wife and ended up buying a .................

Crossste
25-04-2010, 07:57
........................two piece suite.

Whilst walking around Burnley yesterday on our mini crawl my wife and I walked passed a settee and chair in a shop window.

" Ooo that's nice" says Mrs C. " and it will go with the carpet in the front room".

"Will it" says I disinterestedly.

Next news I am in the shop, the plastic is out and beer vouchers are disappearing into the ether.

How did that happen? We hadn,t gone out to buy a suite! We hadn,t even discussed buying a suite!

So its over to you. "I only went out for a few pints and ended up buying a.....................................

( Kebabs are a given )

oldboots
25-04-2010, 09:01
My normal problem is wondering what the hell I spent the money on. I'm often sure I've been secretly robbed, mugged or dropped a tenner:- the empty wallet and nothing to show for it syndrome.

I have bought more than a few daft things when drunk, I bought a very large picture frame once then had the problem of carrying the thing round the rest of the day and getting it home on the train and bus.

Gann
25-04-2010, 11:24
........................two piece suite.

How did that happen? We hadn,t gone out to buy a suite! We hadn,t even discussed buying a suite!

Ha ha, and I bet you had a perfectly good 2 piece suite already....

On the very same theme of non understandable female logic

The last time we were shopping in Watford and I did my usual, 'lets split up and I'll meet you in the 'spoons in an hour', she came in the pub with a new king size duvet.

" Look what they had in ths sale in John Lewis, it should have been £120 and I got it for £60, so I've saved us £60.00"
" But we don't need a new Duvet, we've got a pefectly good one already, so you'v cost me £60.00"
No no I've saved us £60"
"But it's £60 we did not need to spend.."
" No no...." and so it went on for two pints of Rebellion

trainman
25-04-2010, 15:59
Steam engines & bargains spring to mind Gann...

Maldenman
25-04-2010, 16:08
Not quite the same as it doesn't include going out but I tend to find CDs and DVDs arrive regularly without my prior knowledge. That is until I check my e-mail. I should really not go on-line when pi55ed, I've bought some shockers.

arwkrite
26-04-2010, 16:16
A twenty four bottle, wrought iron wine rack.

WHY ?

Wine bottles in this house are barely out of the shopping bag before they are emptied.

Utter waste of money.

Soup Dragon
26-04-2010, 16:28
Spare a thought for Mr Bracegirdle of Tipton, who in 1692 went to the pub and ended up buying a wife! (of one John Whitehouse)

arwkrite
26-04-2010, 16:30
Met my mrs in a pub . Best two pints of Stellar I ever bought.

Oggwyn Trench
26-04-2010, 17:58
Met my mrs in a pub . Best two pints of Stellar I ever bought.

Met my Mrs in a pub too , works out at the most expensive couple of pints i ever brought .........

Im in trouble if she reads this

Alesonly
26-04-2010, 19:06
Yes I met the wife in a Pub 30 years ago And I’ve still got the hang over too prove it. :) Still Marred though.
Strangest things I’ve brought in a Pub is a box of 20 pieces of frozen Cod in Beer Batter & a Push Bike. :eek: