PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not getting email updates?

Quinno
27-10-2015, 17:44
I thought it had been quiet for a few days so just checked to see if there's an issue with email updates and there seems to be (for me).

There's a review gone up here Ye Olde Dolphin Inne (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/7285/) and also here Baltic Fleet (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/26507/) that I didn't get anything about (and yes, I have checked my spam!). I follow both these pubs (along with all pubs I have reviewed)

I haven't had anything since at least the 15th (the old ones have been auto-removed from deleted items in Hotmail) as I have trawled back and recall seeing Aqualung's review of The Penny Black (JD Wetherspoon) (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/57041/) via update.

Dave...!?!

sheffield hatter
27-10-2015, 18:59
I thought it had been quiet for a few days so just checked to see if there's an issue with email updates and there seems to be (for me).

Yes, same for me.

Blackthorn
27-10-2015, 19:26
Mine seems ok, I had one yesterday.

Aqualung
27-10-2015, 20:32
I noticed this very briefly a while ago as I didn't receive notifications of my own reviews but it all seems OK now. I can't remember how long it lasted but it's all working OK now. I won't be adding any reviews until the week after next but may edit one or two if it seems worthwhile.

bcfczuluarmy
27-10-2015, 22:15
I've updated some pictures over the last week and had not had an update of approvals but they have been. Was going to post thread the other day but forgot.

Mobyduck
28-10-2015, 05:37
Got updates last Monday.

aleandhearty
28-10-2015, 08:31
Got an update yesterday.

Farway
28-10-2015, 12:24
Mine is working Ok, using Chrome & G mail

Wittenden
28-10-2015, 12:32
I got an update this week, via Firefox and good old Farming online.

NickDavies
29-10-2015, 19:44
But a pointless review of http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubreviews/26507/

bcfczuluarmy
29-10-2015, 20:47
Blackthorn added a picture on 23rd of pub I've been to tonight that opened 8 days ago, no email update, my 3 pictures still not approved.

Blackthorn/aleand hearty reopened a pub today no update.

Dave any update on the issue?

Dave M
30-10-2015, 08:20
Ok, so quinno is using Hotmail, is anyone else who isn't getting updates also using Hotmail?

bcfczuluarmy
30-10-2015, 11:57
Ok, so quinno is using Hotmail, is anyone else who isn't getting updates also using Hotmail?

Yes I am.

sheffield hatter
30-10-2015, 14:13

Yes, me too. I apparently haven't received notifications of personal messages, which have upset the sender (see thread elsewhere). Hope you can fix this.

Dave M
30-10-2015, 14:31
I've had a look into this, as I suspected it is that Hotmail have blacklisted us so none of the emails are being delivered (not even to spam folders!)

Not sure yet what the process is for trying to resolve it, we've had it happen before with Yahoo mail and we weren't able to resolve that without quite drastic measures.

What a pain. Sorry for the lack of notifications. :moremad:

bcfczuluarmy
30-10-2015, 15:57
So if I change my email address and use my Gmail account they should begin to be received again then?

Mobyduck
30-10-2015, 18:56
Not sure if this is linked to this topic, but I had an activity report today via e-mail confirming a photo approved, and contributions pending, 1 pub alteration, but no mention of a pub I have waiting approval to be added to the site, it is shown on "My contributions pending" on the main site?

sheffield hatter
30-10-2015, 18:57
So if I change my email address and use my Gmail account they should begin to be received again then?

A poor solution, in my opinion. I prefer the one where Dave goes to Hotmail headquarters and beats them into submission. How dare they blacklist Pubs Galore!

sheffield hatter
30-10-2015, 18:58
Not sure if this is linked to this topic, but I had an activity report today via e-mail confirming a photo approved, and contributions pending, 1 pub alteration, but no mention of a pub I have waiting approval to be added to the site, it is shown on "My contributions pending" on the main site?

In my experience you don't get an email notification of a new pub until it's been approved.

Mobyduck
30-10-2015, 19:02
In my experience you don't get an email notification of a new pub until it's been approved.
Thats fair enough, but the e-mail states contributions pending and omits this one that is pending .:confused:

sheffield hatter
30-10-2015, 19:05
Thats fair enough, but the e-mail states contributions pending and omits this one that is pending .:confused:

It's a submission, not a contribution!

Mobyduck
30-10-2015, 19:22
It's a submission, not a contribution!

In that case I would have thought my request(which is shown) for a pub to be associated with a postal area was also a submission , anyway its no big deal, life's to short and all that . :D

Dave M
30-10-2015, 19:23
Ideally any sort of contribution should be in the email. The new pub code is very old and the idea was that it would get updated at which point email notifications would be rolled into the hourly email cycle, whether that will ever happen is fairly unclear as I've not really played with the email notification code much so not sure how it all works.

Dave M
30-10-2015, 19:29
A poor solution, in my opinion. I prefer the one where Dave goes to Hotmail headquarters and beats them into submission. How dare they blacklist Pubs Galore!
I can sort of understand it, they are seeing that we send out a load of very similar emails and they have decided that it looks like we are generating spam. If anyone asks me about it in Derby I'll probably have a good old rant about it - I do have a hunch about what may have triggered it at this point.

Quinno
30-10-2015, 19:47
I can sort of understand it, they are seeing that we send out a load of very similar emails and they have decided that it looks like we are generating spam. If anyone asks me about it in Derby I'll probably have a good old rant about it - I do have a hunch about what may have triggered it at this point.

Easiest if I switch my account round to Yahoo for now? Usually there's no reasoning with multinational web conglomerates...?

trainman
30-10-2015, 20:28
Why the heck would Hotmail disable pubsgalore messaging??
I have a Hotmail account although it's now on the @live.co.uk extension - and I am receiving notifications of emails from PGers... Bless 'em all!

Al 10000
31-10-2015, 17:26

I use Hotmail and have for the last 6 years,but about two weeks ago it changed to Outlook,the format looks different but i still log into it from my old Hotmail account.

I complained to Outlook about the crap format but have had no reply.

Just a thought about this problem,dont want people complaining to Hotmail when it now does not seem to be in operation anymore.

bcfczuluarmy
31-10-2015, 18:13
First email update from Gmail received.

Quinno
02-11-2015, 13:23
Switched to Yahoo - updates now coming in!

sheffield hatter
02-11-2015, 16:37
I'm still waiting for Dave's storming visit to Hotmail HQ...

rpadam
02-11-2015, 22:35
Now that people mention it, I haven't had any e-mail updates in the last couple of weeks which normally come into my Hotmail account. They are not in my Junk folder either, so they are either not being sent for some reason or are getting filtered out somewhere before they get near to my inbox.

Dave M
02-11-2015, 22:44
Microsoft have confirmed that they are blocking all emails coming from my server, so none are being delivered to anyone with a hotmail.com, live.com or outlook.com email address.

They claim that I'm sending out spam emails, but as yet don't have an example of one so it is difficult for me to do much about it. Hoping that it will all get resolved in the coming weeks though. Even if I do need to resort to the suggestion from Will.

bcfczuluarmy
02-11-2015, 23:37
I wish they'd enforce some of their spam policy on the emails I actually get from Mr Umbungo sending a spoof Paypal emails.

Al 10000
09-11-2015, 17:50
No Emails for me for quite a while.

london calling
09-11-2015, 18:46
I wish they'd enforce some of their spam policy on the emails I actually get from Mr Umbungo sending a spoof Paypal emails.

Been getting those Paypal emails for months now they are texting my phone this week.

bcfczuluarmy
09-11-2015, 21:51
I've just worked out I can forward from Gmail to Hotmail so will see how that goes as Gmail is a PITA for usability.

rpadam
10-11-2015, 06:25
Microsoft have confirmed that they are blocking all emails coming from my server, so none are being delivered to anyone with a hotmail.com, live.com or outlook.com email address.

They claim that I'm sending out spam emails, but as yet don't have an example of one so it is difficult for me to do much about it. Hoping that it will all get resolved in the coming weeks though. Even if I do need to resort to the suggestion from Will.
Something's changed again since an update came through via Hotmail last night.

sheffield hatter
10-11-2015, 09:28
Something's changed again since an update came through via Hotmail last night.

Yes, I just received an update too. Well done, Dave!

Dave M
10-11-2015, 11:28
Microsoft did let me know last night that most emails should now be getting through, but may be more likely to go to junk folders.

Fingers crossed it will carry on working now, but always a little worrying.