PDA

View Full Version : Photo uploading/Windows 10

Maldenman
17-10-2015, 16:45
Having spent 7 hours loading Windows 10 I have been out for the afternoon and taken some photos however when I plug my camera in it doesn't see the new ones and just offers to import the full load that have been on there previous to today. Have faffed and fannied with it for a while and I cannot suss it, I looked at the device info on F drive and it can see the photos but I cannot fathom how to put them in my library. Have managed to load two via the F drive but there just has to be a simpler way.....help anyone?

Also. when I type and want to delete something it has started to put a dot ther which I have to blue out and type over....what's that about?

Aqualung
18-10-2015, 20:14
Having spent 7 hours loading Windows 10.

Why did you do it?????

Having spent 7 hours loading Windows 10 I have been out for the afternoon and taken some photos however when I plug my camera in it doesn't see the new ones and just offers to import the full load that have been on there previous to today. Have faffed and fannied with it for a while and I cannot suss it, I looked at the device info on F drive and it can see the photos but I cannot fathom how to put them in my library. Have managed to load two via the F drive but there just has to be a simpler way.....help anyone?

Also. when I type and want to delete something it has started to put a dot ther which I have to blue out and type over....what's that about?

Because you've installed a new OS it's probably cleared out the registry entries or something else that keeps track of what you've uploaded already.
Your best bet is to upload everything and then just delete all the older ones.

Your other problem sounds like a cursor option but I'm not sure, it may be Windows 10. Google is your friend with OS problems.
I found out how to get rid of that rubbish that offers you a Win 10 upgrade using Google. As far as I'm concerned it's a total invasion of privacy.

gillhalfpint
22-10-2015, 20:28
Thanks - I had been considering it, but no more. Will stick with 7.

Wild Rover
22-10-2015, 22:05
Tried 10 But have now reverted back to 7

rpadam
22-10-2015, 22:21
Getting used to Windows 10 now, but one glitch is that it can see that I have data in my camera's DCIM folder when I connect it with the USB cable (that worked fine with Windows 7) but it cannot see the actual files. However, if I take out the memory card and plug it into our networked printer it can read it OK from there. Odd.

Maldenman
24-10-2015, 06:09
Getting used to Windows 10 now, but one glitch is that it can see that I have data in my camera's DCIM folder when I connect it with the USB cable (that worked fine with Windows 7) but it cannot see the actual files. However, if I take out the memory card and plug it into our networked printer it can read it OK from there. Odd.

Exactly the problem I'm having, I have to upload photos directly from the camera, they do not load onto my pictures folder.

Aqualung
25-10-2015, 09:33
One annoying thing is that when the clocks change (as they just have for anyone that didn't know) it always wants to upload everything.

Rex_Rattus
25-10-2015, 11:13
Exactly the problem I'm having, I have to upload photos directly from the camera, they do not load onto my pictures folder.

I too had this problem when I uploaded Windows 10. I had resort to uploading my photos on Mrs R's computer (Windows 7 or 8) and save them on a data stick so that I could transfer them to my computer. But I then uploaded MS Office Picture Manager on my computer and importing from my camera using that software seems to work. You have to work out which drive it's seeing as your camera, but I found that trial and error worked.

Rex_Rattus
26-10-2015, 10:11
I too had this problem when I uploaded Windows 10. I had resort to uploading my photos on Mrs R's computer (Windows 7 or 8) and save them on a data stick so that I could transfer them to my computer. But I then uploaded MS Office Picture Manager on my computer and importing from my camera using that software seems to work. You have to work out which drive it's seeing as your camera, but I found that trial and error worked.

Whoops! My mistake, it was Windows Photo Gallery that I found I could use to upload photos on Windows 10.