PDA

View Full Version : The Black Sheep Bar - Croydon

Pubsignman
19-04-2010, 17:00
The Black Sheep Bar
68 High Steet
Croydon
CR0 1NA

This place may need removing from the database as it is a members only bar/nightclub.

This is confirmed on their home page.

www.blacksheepbar.com

Conrad
20-04-2010, 11:04
Not sure about that one, it also has this on the web site:
2009 finalist The Publican Music Pub Award
I'm not sure what that really means, but if the publican is recognising them there is a chance we should be. I would like it to be clearer what it is though.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

trainman
20-04-2010, 18:28
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Only that I won't be passing the Green Dragon to ever darken the door of this hole.

Pubsignman
21-04-2010, 23:40
Only that I won't be passing the Green Dragon to ever darken the door of this hole.

I had decided to bite the bullet and try the place out just so I could review it on here, but a sign on the door clearly stated that it was members only, so I gave up and suggested it might not be appropriate for inclusion here. However, having read comments on the other thread about members only bars, I can see the merit of including it on the site, so I guess it will have to stay - but someone else will have to review it.

Conrad
22-04-2010, 12:07
Without a doubt it should be made clear on the page that it is members only, not got a clever way of doing that though, maybe in a similar way to closed pubs with a dirty great banner across the back, something off-putting anyway ;)