PDA

View Full Version : Name Changes and closed pubs in Lincoln

Al 10000
09-08-2015, 17:19
Hi Admins,

Lincoln seems to be in a bit of a mess on this site,here are a few changes and closures to look in to.

Name Changes

The Shed is now called The Swan
LN4 is now called Red Five
Quo Vardis has changed names but i did'nt note what to has i did'nt go in it.

I think these pubs are now closed,but not that sure,i have done all of these pubs in the past,so i know were pubs at one time.

The Lark,i walked along the road this pub is on and could not find it.
The Bowling Green,another pub i could not find.
The Carholme,i have done this pub on a few occasions,i think i got a photo of it but not sure,if i am right it is now private housing.
Manvers Arms, i have been in this pub in the past but could not find it.
Angies Bar,another pub that i tried to find with no luck.

Thanks Alan

aleandhearty
09-08-2015, 20:40
Hi Admins,

Lincoln seems to be in a bit of a mess on this site,here are a few changes and closures to look in to.

Name Changes

The Shed is now called The Swan
LN4 is now called Red Five
Quo Vardis has changed names but i did'nt note what to has i did'nt go in it.

I think these pubs are now closed,but not that sure,i have done all of these pubs in the past,so i know were pubs at one time.

The Lark,i walked along the road this pub is on and could not find it.
The Bowling Green,another pub i could not find.
The Carholme,i have done this pub on a few occasions,i think i got a photo of it but not sure,if i am right it is now private housing.
Manvers Arms, i have been in this pub in the past but could not find it.
Angies Bar,another pub that i tried to find with no luck.

Thanks Alan

Al, I've altered the names of The Shed and L4. Quo Vadis has the same address and postcode as The Forum (JDW), but I don't think the photos are conclusive of it being the same venue. Does the name ring a bell? Apparently, The Lark was demolished in 2006 and replaced by flats.

The Bowling Green - Closed in 2009 (when it was known as The Bowlo). Demolished 2014.
The Carholme - Was converted to residential accommodation after it closed in 2008.
The New Manvers Arms - Closed in 2008. Demolished and replaced by flats.
Angie's Bar - Couldn't find mention of this anywhere. However, there is an Angels Bar listed, it couldn't be that, could it?

I've recorded all the changes on the main site.

Al 10000
10-08-2015, 17:50
Hi aleandhearty,

Thanks for finding out that information.

I made a mistake it is Angels bar and not Angie's bar,i was in a bit of a rush at the time.
I have walked the length of canwick road to the junction of south park avenue and i did do the Travellers Rest quite a few years back and have a photo of it,looking further south the road looks like there would not be any pubs along it,but i may be wrong.

Regarding Quo Vardis, which has changed names,i was told by a local bar person of the name change,it is on the opposite side to the Forum Spoons and further down the road,so is a different pub or bar.

Cheers Alan

aleandhearty
10-08-2015, 20:05
I have walked the length of canwick road to the junction of south park avenue and i did do the Travellers Rest quite a few years back and have a photo of it,looking further south the road looks like there would not be any pubs along it,but i may be wrong.

Mystery solved. The Travellers closed in 2010 and was eventually converted into flats.