PDA

View Full Version : Outdated Adobe plugin - Dave!

Quinno
01-07-2015, 18:15
Is this you or me?

sheffield hatter
01-07-2015, 20:34
Is this you or me?

I had something similar a few weeks ago. It hasn't happened again, though. Don't know whether that is good or bad.

NickDavies
01-07-2015, 21:50
Firefox as much as anything. Flash can provide a nice back door for those who have designs on your data, so FF blocks older versions. You might find things like iPlayer get blocked too.

Just update Flash, decline the McAfee comeone, and it should go away. You probably turned off the autoupdate nags at some stage because they were getting on your nerves.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

ETA
02-07-2015, 06:05
The same has been happening for a while on my Linux Mint 14 machin. If your OS is no longer supported, it won't be bringing automatic updates of Firefox, so the older version won't be compatble with the new Flash plugin.

The answer is to update your OS if you can be bothered, but the lazy man's work-around is just to accept the warning every time it appears.

Al 10000
06-07-2015, 17:10
Is this you or me?

I have now got the same problem,

I have updated some sort of Adobe thing but it is still showing up on most site i visit,

I have tried to update Adobe Flash Player and get to option 2 then i come unstuck has i have'nt got the faintest idea how to find my download folder.

Help,i am really thick with anything to do with lap tops.

Thanks Alan