PDA

View Full Version : Flat roofed pubs any experiences?

Routemaster
01-06-2015, 17:32
Hi
I'm new to pubs and have just been told about Flat Roof pubs, obviously they have flat roofs. But what are they like? Are they the residential equivalent to country pubs? Often with beer gardens. They are situated away from town or city centres and away from the night life areas so I would assume they are a bit quieter. Some say they can be a bit territorial.

The advantage is that they are easy to reach by public transport, unlike country pubs which often require a car and unlike country pubs they are cleaner as they are modern with higher ceilings, less clutter and easier to maintain as they are made from modern material.

What is the food like they serve? I could imagine its home made style unlike the mass produced food found in large chain pubs like wetherspoons.

Does anyone have any experience of these pubs, perhaps as a customer or maybe you have worked in one?

Al 10000
01-06-2015, 17:54
Hi
I'm new to pubs and have just been told about Flat Roof pubs, obviously they have flat roofs. But what are they like? Are they the residential equivalent to country pubs? Often with beer gardens. They are situated away from town or city centres and away from the night life areas so I would assume they are a bit quieter. Some say they can be a bit territorial.

The advantage is that they are easy to reach by public transport, unlike country pubs which often require a car and unlike country pubs they are cleaner as they are modern with higher ceilings, less clutter and easier to maintain as they are made from modern material.

What is the food like they serve? I could imagine its home made style unlike the mass produced food found in large chain pubs like wetherspoons.

Does anyone have any experience of these pubs, perhaps as a customer or maybe you have worked in one?

Here are a couple of flat roofed pubs i have been in,i have been in loads more some even rougher looking than these.

Are you taking the *iss.

Mobyduck
01-06-2015, 18:57
Hi

Here are a couple of flat roofed pubs i have been in,i have been in loads more some even rougher looking than these.

Are you taking the *iss.

I think the *iss, is being taken.

hondo
02-06-2015, 06:44
http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?18488-Flat-roof-pub-society :whistle:

Quinno
02-06-2015, 21:45
I think the *iss, is being taken.

Bottled and sold!