PDA

View Full Version : Wrong link fail safe

bcfczuluarmy
18-05-2015, 21:42
Any chance of a fail safe to the removal of Web links? I accidentally hit remove link as wrong thinking I was hitting the link on Cafe 501 Bar (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/80916/)

sheffield hatter
18-05-2015, 22:08
I asked Dave about adding "are you sure?" to buttons like that, but he claimed that it's not as easy as you'd think, and so fairly low on his priorities.

You could of course just resubmit the link! (Don't worry, I've already done it.)

rpadam
18-05-2015, 22:38
I asked Dave about adding "are you sure?" to buttons like that, but he claimed that it's not as easy as you'd think, and so fairly low on his priorities.

You could of course just resubmit the link! (Don't worry, I've already done it.)
I managed to delete (in error) a What?ub link by means of an incautious click too - easily done...

Dave M
18-05-2015, 22:40
I'll look into it tomorrow as it has risen in priority now. I think the one you asked me about in particular was awkward, can't recall why. In theory adding a failsafe to link removal buttons should be fairly easy (for someone who knows what they're doing anyhow!)

sheffield hatter
19-05-2015, 16:55
I'll look into it tomorrow as it has risen in priority now. I think the one you asked me about in particular was awkward, can't recall why. In theory adding a failsafe to link removal buttons should be fairly easy (for someone who knows what they're doing anyhow!)

I think I asked you about the button for approving pictures being very close to the one for referring to admin. Being very, very careful when clicking is also a good solution. :whistle: