PDA

View Full Version : Grand National Tips - who are you backing?

Millay
10-04-2010, 09:28
Anyone brave enough to declare beforehand which horses they'll be backing in today's Grand National.

My each-way money is going to be on,

Snowy Morning :pray:
Maljimar :pray:
King John's Castle :pray:

Oggwyn Trench
10-04-2010, 09:43
Pedigree Chum or Glue Factory , its where my tips usually end up .:eek:

Tend to avoid bookies on National day , full of woman , "have i done this right" really gets on my nerves

gillhalfpint
10-04-2010, 09:51
Snowy morning is one of mine.

I learned how to read the racing post while sitting on my grandads knee. Betting was a tanner each way and the bookies runner came round for the bets.

I now pick 5 horses - sometimes 3 legged donkeys - and usually get something back. One is always a rank outsider, and I had a bob on Foinavon. Had to go to bookies in wedding refinery to collect winnings.

Millay
10-04-2010, 09:58
I remember my Dad having a win with Red Alligator back in the 60's, we all got extra pocket money that week :)

trainman
10-04-2010, 11:34
A pal from Beeston texted me a hot tip called 'Creosote' - he says it's brilliant over fences...

My best National was 1989 when Little Polveir won at 28/1, I backed it at 50/1 during the week before the race. I phoned from Barcelona to find out the result - one which more than paid for a cracking weekend away.

Millay
11-04-2010, 08:58
My each-way money is going to be on,

Snowy Morning
Maljimar
King John's Castle
Well that turned out to be a bit of a disaster although I did have a £2 place bet on Don't Push It so that returned just over £12.

I'm glad I did my betting online yesterday, I popped into a large Ladbrokes about 3pm and the place was heaving, with a queue of about 30 people waiting to put on bets.

arwkrite
11-04-2010, 12:40
I was going to put £5 on the nose of Snowy Morning after having had a feeling in my water on Friday. Forgot to go to the bookies and I will put the rest down to a possible bladder infection. I'll pop down the pub later and spend the fiver I saved.