28-04-2015, 12:27
A poll for the Summer meet-up!

7 days until close - get voting.

london calling
02-05-2015, 20:34
When is it?

Quinno
02-05-2015, 20:36
Dunno yet - at least if we sort the venue we have something concrete to aim at!

Maldenman
03-05-2015, 14:41
Perfectly happy with any of the choices, all look good, although I have done many St Albans pubs. Going with the flow.

stevethecrawl
04-05-2015, 10:03
I can't vote! For some reason the page says I can't
If I could, I'd go for St Albans as that's new for me.

Stevethe crawl alias Big Steve

Strongers
04-05-2015, 11:43
I can't vote! For some reason the page says I can't
If I could, I'd go for St Albans as that's new for me.

Stevethe crawl alias Big Steve

There may be a minimum post requirement before permission is given to participate in polls.

stevethecrawl
04-05-2015, 11:54
You're right. As soon as I sent the last post I could vote. So I have.

trainman
04-05-2015, 11:58
Big Steve enters the forum... as... teetotal, hehehe...

Mobyduck
04-05-2015, 19:32
Big Steve enters the forum... as... teetotal, hehehe...

He's got a funny way of showing it, just left him throwing Vibrant Forest Citra, 5.0% down his neck like there's no tomorrow. :drinkup:

Mobyduck
05-05-2015, 19:44
So St Albans it is, lets sort a date asap, June or July are good ,Aug not so for me, would still prefer a Saturday,It would be easier and cheaper for me, but Friday seems to be the norm and will go with that if thats the way it is.

ROBCamra
06-05-2015, 07:54
So the "Midlands" crawl is so far South it's on the M25.

No trains for me without going into London and back out.

No Travelodge etc in St Albans.

I doubt that I'll be doing this one.

So, is it the Midlands next?

Bucking Fastard
06-05-2015, 09:19

The Midlands next after St Albans does seem to a fair call,so Derby must be in the running for the October/November crawl.

Bucking Fastard
06-05-2015, 09:35
So St Albans it is, lets sort a date asap, June or July are good ,Aug not so for me, would still prefer a Saturday,It would be easier and cheaper for me, but Friday seems to be the norm and will go with that if thats the way it is.

Looking at Fridays ,the only dates I couldn't make in June and July are June 12th,June 26th and July 3rd.
Looking at Saturdays the only dates I couldn't make would be June 27th and July 4th.

Glad the some old faces such as Millay and Alesonly can make it along to St Albans.

Dave M
06-05-2015, 09:48
Well if we are going with a Friday then I'd have to say we should probably be looking at July 17th - pushing it as far back as possible without hitting school holidays. Gives people the best chance of getting advance fares that way.

Quinno
06-05-2015, 10:10
The Midlands next after St Albans does seem to a fair call,so Derby must be in the running for the October/November crawl.

Look, let's save ourselves the hassle of doing this for the next one -

St Albans next (south)

Derby after (midlands)

Than oop nurf again.

There's no need to make things complicated - the poll tells us the next two we want quite clearly and it fits in with the general rhythm of splitting between top-middle-bottom of England.

Mobyduck
06-05-2015, 19:25

St Albans next (south)

Derby after (midlands)

Than oop nurf again.

There's no need to make things complicated - the poll tells us the next two we want quite clearly and it fits in with the general rhythm of splitting between top-middle-bottom of England.

Sounds fair enough to me.

sheffield hatter
06-05-2015, 19:54

St Albans next (south)

Derby after (midlands)

Than oop nurf again.

Sounds fair enough to me.

...except that it means always doing the North, sorry "nurf", in March/April, the South in summer and the Midlands in October/November. I like the idea of St Albans followed by Derby, and of course I'm in favour of spreading ourselves around in a fair and democratic fashion, but let's not get too rigid - apart from anything else, it means that any future new members will not have any say in where the next meet up is going to be. (Please see my post on the pre-poll thread (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?20460-Summer-2015-PuG-crawl/page2) for more details on this.)

Well if we are going with a Friday then I'd have to say we should probably be looking at July 17th - pushing it as far back as possible without hitting school holidays. Gives people the best chance of getting advance fares that way.

Friday July 17th looks good to me.

Quinno
06-05-2015, 20:04
...except that it means always doing the North, sorry "nurf", in March/April, the South in summer and the Midlands in October/November. I like the idea of St Albans followed by Derby, and of course I'm in favour of spreading ourselves around in a fair and democratic fashion, but let's not get too rigid - apart from anything else, it means that any future new members will not have any say in where the next meet up is going to be. (Please see my post on the pre-poll thread (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?20460-Summer-2015-PuG-crawl/page2) for more details on this.)

Either way - let's bank Derby for post St Albans one way or t'other. We can do a poll on 'where up North' after St Albans ;)

sheffield hatter
06-05-2015, 20:15

One problem with St Albans is that it's on a main line route into & out of London, so all the cheap tickets on a Friday afternoon get snapped up really quickly, and it's not much better, if at all, in the morning. The only fares left on this line are going to be day returns, for those of us coming from "oop nurf", and even for those, like me, in possession of a Senior Railcard, the fares are eye-wateringly expensive.

How about a Tuesday? (Though to be honest, the situation's not much better.)

Derby, anyone?

Quinno
06-05-2015, 20:23
One problem with St Albans is that it's on a main line route into & out of London, so all the cheap tickets on a Friday afternoon get snapped up really quickly, and it's not much better, if at all, in the morning. The only fares left on this line are going to be day returns, for those of us coming from "oop nurf", and even for those, like me, in possession of a Senior Railcard, the fares are eye-wateringly expensive.

How about a Tuesday? (Though to be honest, the situation's not much better.)

Derby, anyone?

The joys of democracy, Will!

sheffield hatter
06-05-2015, 20:56
The joys of democracy, Will!

Bugger! And I voted for St Albans myself. :moremad:

sheffield hatter
06-05-2015, 20:58
Bugger! And I voted for St Albans myself. :moremad:

...and so did Strongers, even though he's not going (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?20460-Summer-2015-PuG-crawl/page4)!!!!

Strongers
07-05-2015, 08:03
...and so did Strongers, even though he's not going (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?20460-Summer-2015-PuG-crawl/page4)!!!!

It's my democratic right to vote!!!

I apologise for the tactical voting. I would like to go to Derby with you guys, but cannot make the summer crawl so I thought I would give St Albans a little push so you would all go to Derby later in the year. :whistle::D :evilgrin:

Mobyduck
08-05-2015, 09:52
We have comments here also the thread under pub crawls, can they be merged?

Bucking Fastard
08-05-2015, 15:13

That's in my diary,looking forward to it.

Mobyduck
08-05-2015, 21:36

That's in my diary,looking forward to it.

So are we saying that's the date then?

Bucking Fastard
09-05-2015, 09:23
So are we saying that's the date then?

That's the way I read it,there was no push back on July 17th,sheffield hatter is fine with it as well.A lot of the others that voted for St Albans are southeast based anyway and probably dont need to book advanced fares but for those people travelling a good distance July 17th should still give the chance of getting a reasonable advanced fare deal.(Possibly not from Sheffield)

Mobyduck
09-05-2015, 09:45
That's the way I read it,there was no push back on July 17th,sheffield hatter is fine with it as well.A lot of the others that voted for St Albans are southeast based anyway and probably dont need to book advanced fares but for those people travelling a good distance July 17th should still give the chance of getting a reasonable advanced fare deal.(Possibly not from Sheffield)

Lets agree that then, unless there's any objections in the next 24 hours. :drinkup:

Real Ale Ray
11-05-2015, 18:45
Am presuming that 17th July is the agreed date for the Summer Meet Up, so we can all start sorting out tickets, if everyone agrees??

Quinno
11-05-2015, 19:37
Assuming i can get time off (new job next month - not sure I can get away with the previous fag packet recording of leave!) then the 17th is good for me.

Gann
11-05-2015, 21:09
In the dairy...

Despite technically being the closest non London Centric PuG Crawl to my house, its still two local trains and a bus to get West across the lovely Hertfordshire country side..

Big advantage is no advanced planning required and just turn up on the day..

Mobyduck
11-05-2015, 21:37
And drink. :cheers:
By the way, what are you doing in the dairy? :D

rpadam
11-05-2015, 21:45
I have something else to do in the morning on the 17th, but will catch up with the troop (or should that be troupe?) by early / mid afternoon hopefully.

Bucking Fastard
11-05-2015, 22:56
Despite technically being the closest non London Centric PuG Crawl to my house, its still two local trains and a bus to get West across the lovely Hertfordshire country side..

Green Line 724 ,one hour virtually door to pub door but return may be tricky.... no loo on board :eek: