PDA

View Full Version : London Pubs Group

Rex_Rattus
07-04-2015, 17:28
Sorry - this is something of a shameless plug for this Group.

The LPG is a CAMRA committee concerned with the promotion of the preservation of historic and architecturally important London pubs. Possibly the most important - or at least the most enjoyable - thing they do is arrange pub crawls every other month. The next one is on the evening of Wednesday 15 April, and will be a walking tour of Bloomsbury and Holborn (Lamb; Duke (of York); Enterprise; Old Red Lion; Ship Tavern; and Princess Louise). These crawls are something like a piece of elastic - a bit like a PuG crawl in a lot of ways - in that people do them at their own pace, splitting into smaller groups, not bothering with pubs they don't want to visit; going off piste and adding in more pubs (of which there is considerable scope in this area). These crawls are open to anyone, not solely CAMRA members, and are free to join in (apart from the cost of the beer drunk of course!).

If anyone is interested they can PM me with their E-mail address and I shall ensure they receive the details.

Rex_Rattus
08-06-2015, 14:11
The next crawl organised by the LPG is this Saturday 13 June, and will visit pubs in Twickenham, Hampton Court and Kingston. Anyone interested can find full details on the LPG website - www.londonpubsgroup.camra.org.uk (http://www.londonpubsgroup.camra.org.uk).

Quinno
08-06-2015, 20:27
Could be tempted by Saturday's crawl - may see you there?

Rex_Rattus
08-06-2015, 21:25
Could be tempted by Saturday's crawl - may see you there?

I certainly hope so. Anyone else interested?

Mobyduck
08-06-2015, 22:11
I certainly hope so. Anyone else interested?

Interested but can't make this one, I will look out for future trips though.

Rex_Rattus
09-06-2015, 08:20
Interested but can't make this one, I will look out for future trips though.

The dates and locations of future crawls are on the website. The next one after the Twickenham etc one is to Kentish Town on Wed 19 Aug. Pubs not yet identified, but bound to include The Assembly House, Bull & Gate, and Pineapple.

Rex_Rattus
16-08-2015, 12:58
Just a reminder for anyone that's interested that the next LPG crawl is to Highgate and Kentish Town this Wednesday 19 August. It starts at The Wrestlers at 7.00 PM (although I may sneak an early one in The Bull) then to the Duke's Head and Flask in Highgate, then down to Kentish Town for the Bull & Gate, Pineapple and Assembly House. There's more information on the LPG website - www.londonpubsgroup.camra.uk.org.

Rex_Rattus
08-10-2015, 21:47
For anyone who's interested, the next LPG crawl is on Saturday 17 October, going to Poplar, Isle of Dogs, Limehouse and Shadwell. The pubs to be visited are on the LPG website, as detailed above. As yet there isn't much on the pubs to be visited - other than names, addresses and photos - but more information will be uploaded in a few days.

The LPG is also going to participate in a crawl of Bristol on 7 November, in conjunction with the Bristol Pubs Group plus Cheltenham & Gloucester. Details are also on the website, but the crawl is remarkably similar to the Pubs Galore crawl last year.

I'll be doing both crawls. Anyone who wants to come along and say hello would be very welcome.