PDA

View Full Version : Another 1p duty reduction...

NickDavies
18-03-2015, 12:25
...as if you will be able to tell

Farway
18-03-2015, 13:21

well I will 'cos already had e-mail, free pint of London Pride awaiting me on production of e-mail / voucher

Not my preferred choice, but better than poke in the eye etc :cheers:

Farway
18-03-2015, 13:23

PS, the brewers got in first, Fuller's bunged some of it up 5p a pint beginning of the month

Mobyduck
18-03-2015, 18:42
PS, the brewers got in first, Fuller's bunged some of it up 5p a pint beginning of the month
No surprise there then.

Aqualung
18-03-2015, 21:11
No surprise there then.

Precisely and did they try and justify this price rise?
My local Spoons beer prices haven't changed for over a year.

PaddyMick
20-03-2015, 11:44
Yep, price of ingredients is down to but my suppliers all got in there with a pre-emptive price rise. I'm managing to keep my prices stable; and for a laugh have a jar of pennies customers can help themselves to if they mention the duty reduction :)

Aqualung
20-03-2015, 20:06
Yep, price of ingredients is down to but my suppliers all got in there with a pre-emptive price rise. I'm managing to keep my prices stable; and for a laugh have a jar of pennies customers can help themselves to if they mention the duty reduction :)

I feel for you.
In the past the breweries would always blame the budget for having to put their prices up every year. The fact that they can't do that means they can't winge about it but STILL raise their prices. These are the same people that bang on endlessly about people drinking supermarket beer killing their trade. What a load of hypocrites!!

NickDavies
21-03-2015, 08:56
You do feel that everyone takes the opportunity to stretch their margins. 1p in duty equates to near 5p a pint by the time everyone has taken a cut. Good for shareholders of course - I'll be interested to read my next CMIC statement - but not what was intended. You can bet that when it goes up again - and Labour are more likely to cave in to the prohibitionists than the Tories - they'll pass the whole lot on.

Aqualung
24-03-2015, 21:20
Did anyone else see Mr Sambrook today on BBC News saying how transport costs, duty costs and ingredient costs have all come down in recent times. He didn't mention that the pubs that sell his beer almost certainly have not reduced their prices.

ROBCamra
25-03-2015, 07:00
Did anyone else see Mr Sambrook today on BBC News saying how transport costs, duty costs and ingredient costs have all come down in recent times. He didn't mention that the pubs that sell his beer almost certainly have not reduced their prices.

Yes I did and he also said that the price of hops has come down which it hasn't.

In fact it's gone through the roof, so I'd take anything he says with a pince of salt.

Looked like he was reading from a prepared BBC script to me.

Wittenden
25-03-2015, 18:57
Yes I did and he also said that the price of hops has come down which it hasn't.

In fact it's gone through the roof, so I'd take anything he says with a pince of salt.

Looked like he was reading from a prepared BBC script to me.

Some hops, maybe, but the neighbour couldn't get a contract for his Admiral last year ,so sprayed it off. All his East Kent Goldings, on the other hand, went to the craft boys in the US of A. Funny old world.