PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question

oldboots
09-03-2015, 10:04
from Twitter
Boak and Bailey ‏@BoakandBailey

BLOG POST: a four-pub crawl in Kingsand-Cawsand, in the forgotten corner of Cornwall http://boakandbailey.com/2015/03/a-kingsand-cawsand-pub-crawl/ …

Jeffrey Bell ‏@jeffreyjohnbell

@BoakandBailey four pubs is *not* a crawl. It's just going to four pubs. But how many pubs is a crawl? That's a question to ponder

Aqualung
09-03-2015, 10:06
@BoakandBailey four pubs is *not* a crawl. It's just going to four pubs. But how many pubs is a crawl? That's a question to ponder

More than one as far as I'm concerned!

NickDavies
09-03-2015, 10:21
A look at the branch page in Wot's Bruin would suggest most organised crawls are three or four pubs, which, midweek is plenty for all but the diehards.

Mobyduck
09-03-2015, 12:31
I would say 5 pubs at the minimum constitutes a mini crawl, now if it were an Al 10000 crawl, a whole different ball game.:lol:

ETA
09-03-2015, 12:59
I'd say three: one is a visit to a pub, two is a change of scenery, three + is a crawl.

I wouldn't want to allocate specific terms to any other numbers, other than to 9 which I know from personal experience is 'a damn good nagging the following morning'.

Al 10000
09-03-2015, 16:18
When me and the wife go down Nottingham which used to be very regular a couple of years ago we would always do about 9 pubs,we still do this to this day,i would'nt class that has a pub crawl more of a wander around a few pubs.

I think you have to do over 10 pubs to class it has a proper pub crawl.

Tris39
09-03-2015, 17:27
A pub crawl constitutes more than one pub, but moreover at the end of the evening, one should be crawling rather than walking. This is why it's called a pub crawl and not a pub stroll. :-)

Mobyduck
09-03-2015, 18:03
I would say 5 pubs at the minimum constitutes a mini crawl, now if it were an Al 10000 crawl, a whole different ball game.:lol:

When me and the wife go down Nottingham which used to be very regular a couple of years ago we would always do about 9 pubs,we still do this to this day,i would'nt class that has a pub crawl more of a wander around a few pubs.

I think you have to do over 10 pubs to class it has a proper pub crawl.
Told you. :D