PDA

View Full Version : Time to spare!!!

Strongers
06-03-2015, 09:02
The missus and I have 4 or 5 days to relax in May as a family member has offered to look after the kids. They are based in Cambridgeshire so I am after some ideas of what to do in the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk/Norfolk area for a few days.

I would like to go on a five day bender, but my handbrake has made it clear that she no longer enjoys sitting in the pub all day. So I am looking for some ideas as to how I can visit a few ale houses whilst keeping the trouble and strife happy.

My knowledge of the East Midlands is non-existent so any ideas would be more than welcome. This is meant to be a relaxing break so I think we’d rather avoid any large towns, unless there is something worth seeing.

Pubsignman
06-03-2015, 10:28
If your break is between 21st - 31st May, look no further than Norwich.

http://cityofale.org.uk/2015/

Strongers
08-03-2015, 13:26
That is exactly when we are going away so thanks PSM. I'm not sure I will get 7 days there but a couple would be nice!

Having done a bit of research on the area I have discovered that it is in fact East Anglia and not East Midlands, DOH! I have also gleaned that there is sod all to do unless you want to spend a week in a floating caravan (sorry BF ;))

Bucking Fastard
08-03-2015, 15:55
I have also gleaned that there is sod all to do unless you want to spend a week in a floating caravan (sorry BF ;))

You never know,you and the Mrs might enjoy it.:D Hire a boat from Ely,potter down to Cambridge ,crawl around the Mill Road backstreet locals then drift back and visit the cathederal = beer + culture in exchange for 3 days boating;)

Strongers
08-03-2015, 20:24
You never know,you and the Mrs might enjoy it.:D Hire a boat from Ely,potter down to Cambridge ,crawl around the Mill Road backstreet locals then drift back and visit the cathederal = beer + culture in exchange for 3 days boating;)

Boat + beer = :sick: