PDA

View Full Version : beer advisers

london calling
16-02-2015, 21:06
I was in the new Drafthouse pub the Birdcage in the east end about a month ago.A young lady member of staff came from behind the bar and tried to advise me about the beers.Although I told her I look for new beers and didn't need help she followed me along and down the L shaped bar then back up and round to the start trying to advise me.It felt like a pressure salesman/lady was trying to get me to buy.There were about 20 beers on keg and cask but at first glance nothing new for me and I felt quite embarrassed that I might have to walk out without buying but spotted a Redchurch -stout so ordered it.She then practical ran the length of the pub then behind the bar to serve me.Now I know I am pedantic about certain things and if offered help in shops always say no.Do you think this is a helpful idea or pub hell like I did.

Aqualung
16-02-2015, 21:17
Do you think this is a helpful idea or pub hell like I did.

Definitely pub hell. I would have asked her to go away or worse.

ETA
16-02-2015, 21:30
.Do you think this is a helpful idea or pub hell like I did.

This should be listed in the Pub Annoyances thread.

I'm with Aqualung on this one - pub Hell.

Mobyduck
16-02-2015, 21:34
Hell.

AlanH
17-02-2015, 06:12
Do you think this is a helpful idea or pub hell like I did.

I sometimes like to share opinions with bar staff. I judge myself whether they are talking with knowledge or full of bull----- , then tell them my opinions which sometimes agree but often doesn't.

Quinno
17-02-2015, 11:58
There's fun to be had in this place, might take a trip over there myself :)

Strongers
17-02-2015, 17:23
Are you sure she wasn't just trying to chat you up?

bcfczuluarmy
17-02-2015, 21:43
she followed me along and down the L shaped bar then back up and round

Sounds like a Benny Hill scene in reverse... Overlay der der der der der music.