PDA

View Full Version : User Contributions Page

Al 10000
29-01-2015, 15:55
I have just had a look at the first page of my contributions to the site and have noticed that i have to pen marks saying i have
reviewed the Beer Huis in Ossett and the Forest Tavern in Nottingham,i have not reviewed these pubs yet,i have corrected the map point
for the Forest Tavern and added a photo the the Beer Huis.

Is this a glitch in the system.

Dave M
29-01-2015, 16:42
Very well spotted! I think you've found a nasty little glitch there.

I made some fairly small changes to the site a couple of days ago and I think the effects of it may have been a little wider than I imagined.

Will look into it.

Thanks for reporting it.

Al 10000
29-01-2015, 16:59
Thanks for the quick reply Dave,

Cheers Alan

Mobyduck
29-01-2015, 19:38
Not sure if related to the above or just an oversight, but on the first page of my contributions page, The Horse And Jockey (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1669/) shows no star to say I have rated it,In my review I have rated it a 6. not checked through any others.

Dave M
29-01-2015, 19:49
Not sure if related to the above or just an oversight, but on the first page of my contributions page, The Horse And Jockey (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1669/) shows no star to say I have rated it,In my review I have rated it a 6. not checked through any others.

Well I think I have solved Alans original issue. Not sure about this one, does seem to be a problem but not quite sure what has caused it (other than me 'fixing' the previous issue I suspect).

Mobyduck
29-01-2015, 20:00
Well I think I have solved Alans original issue. Not sure about this one, does seem to be a problem but not quite sure what has caused it (other than me 'fixing' the previous issue I suspect).
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

Mobyduck
29-01-2015, 20:16

Have just scanned through the first 5 pages (not looking any further tonight) and found another 7 with this anomaly, the bulk from Reading but not exclusively, generally if I have left a recommendation (review) to a pub I will leave a rating, unless its a comment about a pub I haven't physically been in, i.e closed. I will leave it in your good hands time permitting .

Dave M
29-01-2015, 20:46
Thanks, you've given me enough info to work out what is going on. Not going to try fixing it tonight though as I know I'll just create another issue!

Dave M
30-01-2015, 13:44
Not going to try fixing it tonight though as I know I'll just create another issue!
Having taken a good look at it I clearly need to properly rewrite a chunk of code, rather than bodging together small fixes. Definitely a fresh on Monday morning kind of task rather than a pub beckons Friday afternoon thing!

Mobyduck
30-01-2015, 20:12
Having taken a good look at it I clearly need to properly rewrite a chunk of code, rather than bodging together small fixes. Definitely a fresh on Monday morning kind of task rather than a pub beckons Friday afternoon thing!

I think I understand all that ,:confused: :drinkup: :D

Dave M
10-02-2015, 22:17
Ok so I've made another code change.

I now think I've fixed Mobys issue. I don't seem to have accidentally recreated Alans issue. I may or may not have fixed a separate issue that Quinno reported to me.

The site basically seems to be working, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've broken something else to do with reviews/ratings. In particular adding/editing/deleting, but also display related problems like those reported here.

As always thanks for reports of things that seem wrong, this may have seemed like a small glitch but it was quite an important one!

Mobyduck
11-02-2015, 05:28
Ok so I've made another code change.

I now think I've fixed Mobys issue. I don't seem to have accidentally recreated Alans issue. I may or may not have fixed a separate issue that Quinno reported to me.

The site basically seems to be working, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've broken something else to do with reviews/ratings. In particular adding/editing/deleting, but also display related problems like those reported here.

As always thanks for reports of things that seem wrong, this may have seemed like a small glitch but it was quite an important one!

Well done Dave.

Quinno
11-02-2015, 11:20
Hi Dave,

The MM tool is now back to normal - many thanks for speedy code patching! :cheers:

trainman
11-02-2015, 11:47
The MM tool is now back to normal - many thanks for speedy code patching! :cheers:
Ah, I had some issues recently after finally starting to use MM tool. The pubs quick quickly became out of sequence with the displayed pub vs that offered (head of drop dow list) although a 'view list' update usually sorted it.
I did also notice that at some point the contributions seemed to be going down in number, rather than increasing, so I left it for a bit. I'll have another go now, when I get a mo...