PDA

View Full Version : 'Pubs close to my location'

rpadam
21-01-2015, 21:34
Perhaps I just haven't seen it before, but I've just tried the 'Pubs close to my location' link at the bottom of the home page on my mobile and it produces a distance-sorted list which I think I will find very useful in the future.

DAVE - The local map feature doesn't seem to be working at the moment because I get a 'Sorry page not found - 404' error.

Mobyduck
21-01-2015, 22:39
Perhaps I just haven't seen it before, but I've just tried the 'Pubs close to my location' link at the bottom of the home page on my mobile and it produces a distance-sorted list which I think I will find very useful in the future.

DAVE - The local map feature doesn't seem to be working at the moment because I get a 'Sorry page not found - 404' error.

No I hadn't spotted that either, Dave does slip these things in,now and again, tried it on my mobile and it worked spot on, also tried it on the desktop and it was 8 miles out and put me in of all places , Basingstoke. :eek:

hondo
22-01-2015, 06:48
just tried it on my ipod works fine and will definitely use the map feature

:notworthy: advancement through technology :notworthy:

oldboots
22-01-2015, 07:12
works fine on my iPhone, a bit slower than WhatPub but still damn useful. The link also appears at the bottom of the pub main page.

It also appears on the desktop version but it's a bit out on the location which I guess is a function of the ISP/BT network.

AlanH
22-01-2015, 11:39
Another great addition to the site. Works great on my windows phone.
The desktop site works well on my phone apart from the maps which zoom out to maximum, but the maps work perfectly on the mobile version.

I think I will use the PuG version more than the WP version because pubs over a mile away are 0.2 to 0.4 miles closer on PuG! :D:D:D

Bucking Fastard
23-01-2015, 14:40
That's brilliant,very useful................Well done Dave.