PDA

View Full Version : Steam Trains Whitby to Pickering

Filo
27-08-2007, 18:02
Hi Conrad,

I'm sorry to hear you've not been well, I hope the Doctors get you sorted out soon.

As I mentioned some time ago, it's now possible to travel from Whitby to Pickering by Steam train, so after a lot of persuasion I finally managed to persuade every one to go to Pickering for Lunch. What a nice way to travel, and I can drink beer when I get there ( I also managed a Bottle of Black Sheep in The Buffet car on the way back)! Hopefully we can do the same again soon, since there are so many excellent pubs in Pickering. Alternativley anyone coming up from the South might like to try travelling from Pickering to Whitby by train and sample the fine Ales available in our little town.

Regards,

Filo

Conrad
28-08-2007, 12:43
Hi Filo,

Thanks for the well wishes, the Doctors seem to be doing their job and I think it is beginning to hand over to me to get myself fit again.

Steam train sounds like a nice way to go out for drink, sadly nothing so fun down here. Although I am just looking forward to getting out to some of my locals again.

Conrad

Filo
13-09-2009, 11:02
Hi,

Just to bring this post up to date. Steam trains between Whitby and Pickering are now a Regular feature during the summer months, with three departures most weekdays and Saturdays, so depending on where you start from you can drink and eat without the need to drive at some excellent pubs in Grosmont, Beck Hole, Goathland, Pickering and of course Whitby.

Filo

Soup Dragon
13-09-2009, 12:52
Hi Conrad,

there are so many excellent pubs in Pickering

Filo

I have reviewed The Rose and The Bay Horse that are near the station, Rose is a little modern for me, but many will like it, especially as it has a view of the river. The Bay is more my kind of place (traditional).