PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

Al 10000
14-12-2014, 17:20
I have been reviewing pubs in Yeadon this afternoon and also looking at Google maps through this site to put the pubs visited in the right location.

On my latest pub done i got a message from Google saying maps not available has web site or my self have exceeded the amount of time looking at these.

Has anybody on this this site ever seen this before.

Wild Rover
14-12-2014, 22:15
Yes Al i have been getting exactly the same

bcfczuluarmy
14-12-2014, 22:46
I got that the other day navigated to another pub opened maps again and didn't get a problem. I would say a quirk.

Hmm Just got it again looking at pubs in Portsmouth to do tomorrow night.

AlanH
15-12-2014, 10:33
I have just had the same "Google traffic limit exceeded" but also managed to carry on when I moved to another area.

Also, the pubs have been very slow to populate the interactive maps, sometimes showing just the start pub only for half a minute or more. Has anyone else seen this? I was blaming my computer but it could be more "traffic problems".

Rex_Rattus
15-12-2014, 12:40
I haven't suffered slow responses, but when I've been dragging the interactive map around it's gone blank a few times except for a message saying something like "daily quota of maps exceeded - if you're the owner of this site go to.." followed by an apparent link to "documentation". I've not clicked on the link of course. I've then gone back to the pub page, and clicked again on maps and all then seems to be OK.

23gillies
15-12-2014, 21:25
I get this a lot of the time, but for me it tends to be because of poor phone coverage. I use 3G when I'm not at home to surf the web and use up Google maps, and it tends to lag if I've got poor reception....Which I have a lot of the time on Vodafone, they're 3G coverage is not that great or fast..Not sure if you could be having the same issues as me.

ETA
16-12-2014, 12:23
I got that yesterday too. But when I tried again 10 minutes later, it was fine, and it hasn't happened again since. I'm running Firefox in Linux Mint 15 though I doubt the client OS is the issue.

Strongers
16-12-2014, 16:45
I've had this problem with IE and Firefox. I'm not sure what the cause is but a press of F5 has sorted it out.

trainman
08-05-2015, 16:52
The new vesrion of google maps seems, to me, to be pants.
Does anyone know how to print what's on the screen after zooming to cover the area & definition required? I don't seem to be able to manage it in google maps or bing maps. (and 'classic' google maps seem to have been discontinued - a big shooting in on'e own foot here, methinks).

And it's for Derby tomorrow...
Cheers, j

oldboots
08-05-2015, 17:34
On Firefox I just go to File ->Print and it's there ready to go after changing orientation to landscape.

Chrome does pretty much the same but not quite as good (clicking on the three lines in corner gives the drop down menu to access print), it doesn't work at all on IE8. I'll try IE10 or 11 later as that's on another machine.

If all else fails it'll be a screen shot job.

trainman
08-05-2015, 19:18
Thanks ob. I've just looked at home and things seem to be working ok - maybe a browser/server problem at work? Frustrating.
Cheers!

With PG review help, there are another possible 5 for tmw in Derby, how will we squeeze them in as well as the usual highlights? Hmm, I ain't lookin forward to Sunday morning!

Mobyduck
08-05-2015, 20:05
The new vesrion of google maps seems, to me, to be pants
I don't like it at all.

Strongers
08-05-2015, 22:17
I open word and take a screen shot for printing.

Aqualung
13-05-2015, 21:31
I've been printing off Google Maps pages with no problem at all. once you're happy with the scale and area you want go to the File drop down menu and find the Print Preview entry. Press this then look at the top and find the Shrink To Fit drop down around half way along and set it to 100%. You also need to change the Orientation to Landscape by pressing the third button at the top.
Press the Printer button on the top far left, set any preferences for your printer and off you go!
This works for me on a Win 7 Desktop.

trainman
12-01-2018, 11:53
Not connected, but does the 'switch to route map' no longer work on the build a crawl section? Doesn't currently display a map for me...
Sorry about multiple Leeds crawls, can I delete?

AlanH
12-01-2018, 22:31
Not connected, but does the 'switch to route map' no longer work on the build a crawl section? Doesn't currently display a map for me...
Sorry about multiple Leeds crawls, can I delete?

When I press 'switch to route map', it just gives a list on the right of the page. At the bottom of the page I get a message "Only secure content shown" and a button saying [Show all content]. When I press this, the route map appears.
I noticed this when I keyed in the pubs for our Stockport crawl and it has worked for your Leeds crawls.