PDA

View Full Version : Nobby's Nuts

NickDavies
12-10-2014, 17:14
Is it me or has the salt content of Nobby's Nuts been depleted (doubtless thanks to the health police) to the point of making them inedible? KP on the other hand remain reassuringly salty. But for how long?

If confirmed his may be deemed a Modern Pub Annoyance.

aleandhearty
13-10-2014, 12:20
I suspect it's a regional thing, but I can't remember the last time I saw Nobby's nuts behind a bar. KP seem to rule up here. I do like my salty snacks though.

Mobyduck
13-10-2014, 17:30
I suspect it's a regional thing, but I can't remember the last time I saw Nobby's nuts behind a bar. KP seem to rule up here. I do like my salty snacks though.
Plenty of Nobbys in my part of the south,:whistle:, also plenty of KP as well.

Boots60
14-10-2014, 18:16
Nobbys are the poor mans KP. Cashews for me every time. Never Pistacios.

Mobyduck
14-10-2014, 18:17
Nobbys are the poor mans KP. Cashews for me every time. Never Pistacios.
Doughnuts for me.

Aqualung
14-10-2014, 18:38
Is it me or has the salt content of Nobby's Nuts been depleted (doubtless thanks to the health police) to the point of making them inedible? KP on the other hand remain reassuringly salty. But for how long?

I've never heard of Nobby's Nuts.

london calling
14-10-2014, 19:12
In 40 years of drinking I cannot ever remember eating nuts, crisps or any bar snack while drinking.Ruins the flavour of the beer.imo.

Aqualung
14-10-2014, 20:34
In 40 years of drinking I cannot ever remember eating nuts, crisps or any bar snack while drinking.Ruins the flavour of the beer.imo.

My angle on it is that they are a complete waste of money. Go to a supermarket and buy a budget bag of peanuts on the way to the pub. The staff will never notice unless you are indiscreet about it.

oldboots
15-10-2014, 08:39

Sometimes changing the flavour of a beer is a useful effect.

london calling
15-10-2014, 22:13
Sometimes changing the flavour of a beer is a useful effect.

Not something I have thought about but its a good point.

Strongers
15-10-2014, 23:06
My angle on it is that they are a complete waste of money. Go to a supermarket and buy a budget bag of peanuts on the way to the pub. The staff will never notice unless you are indiscreet about it.

There’s nothing I hate more than people being indiscreet whilst gobbling on their nuts.