PDA

View Full Version : List of Birmingham drunks - Any relations?

Strongers
28-03-2010, 10:29
I thought that this was quite interesting...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100327/ttc-1900s-drunks-blacklist-goes-online-e1d36ba.html

hopwas
28-03-2010, 10:40
One of drunkards featured on The Sun lived same street as my Gran-Grandmother (Alma Street, Birmingham)

Sadly she died before I can ask her if she knew the drunkard.

arwkrite
28-03-2010, 12:31
On some of the Birmingham forums I notice the photos and names are being handled with kid gloves. Lots of people would not like the neighbours to know that they have a convicted drunk or prostitute in the family tree.
On going through my mrs effects family friends have told me of carefully hidden skeletons in her family from before the war.I am certain my mrs was not aware of these old bones. Lots of "Aunties" and "Uncles" dont pass muster when you examin the paperwork.
As long as my skeletons don't turn out to be Nazi war criminals I would be very interested to hear about them.Photos would add another dimension.

Strongers
28-03-2010, 12:52
On some of the Birmingham forums I notice the photos and names are being handled with kid gloves. Lots of people would not like the neighbours to know that they have a convicted drunk or prostitute in the family tree.
On going through my mrs effects family friends have told me of carefully hidden skeletons in her family from before the war.I am certain my mrs was not aware of these old bones. Lots of "Aunties" and "Uncles" dont pass muster when you examin the paperwork.
As long as my skeletons don't turn out to be Nazi war criminals I would be very interested to hear about them.Photos would add another dimension.

I don't think that anyone wants to find out that their great granny was a trick turning drunkard!

Farway
28-03-2010, 13:35
I don't think that anyone wants to find out that their great granny was a trick turning drunkard!

One of mine was fined 10 shilings for riding a dray contrary to city regulations [Australia] http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/1200728 Abner Toop