PDA

View Full Version : Oggwyn Great - Wellington Arms in Wellington - is it still there?

ROBCamra
26-03-2010, 14:39
I noticed that it's not listed on PuG but as I haven't been for 6 months I thought maybe it was closed.

It's the one facing the Park Hotel.

I didn't want to add it if it's breathed it's last.

Cheers

Conrad
26-03-2010, 14:55
You fail to take into account the historic nature of our listings (read inaccuracies, or a ruder word if you prefer), The Red Lion Inn - http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/32748/.

I'll correct it in half an hour or so, just so you can have a laugh first.

Conrad
26-03-2010, 15:24
Hmm, just changed the name to Wellington Arms and noticed that Oggwyn corrected the map back on 21st of Feb, so I'm a bit worried that it has recently changed its name to Red Lion.

If anyone knows let me know in what way I have messed up.

Oggwyn Trench
26-03-2010, 18:08
Yes its still there , they were rumoured to be changing the name back to the Red Lion but havent as yet so its still the Wellington Arms and still a dump from what i hear

trainman
27-03-2010, 08:28
Re Wellington, rather than The Wellington (or Red Lion).
For those of you in striking distance, did you notice (on the homepage) the commencement, today, of a Cask Beer & Music Festival at Wellington's The Haygate?

ROBCamra
27-03-2010, 09:44
For those of you in striking distance, did you notice (on the homepage) the commencement, today, of a Cask Beer & Music Festival at Wellington's The Haygate?

I did indeed as I reviewed the Haygate yesterday.

It's their first ever, so good luck to them. :cheers:

I used to have quite a few conversations with Richard Saxon on the other place as I was the first person to review it after they put cask ale on and he was so chuffed to get a positive review he thanked me personally.

They only have one handpump on the go, so it must be on stillage, probably in the concert room.

If you want a live music out and out rock pub, this is the place to go around Telford.

Oggwyn Trench
27-03-2010, 09:45

They used to have these regulary at the Haygate , its an out and out rock pub with a good rep for live music , on weekends its home to all the local goths and new age hippies , its very much a young persons pub at weekends but better than the usual lager empouriums they use