PDA

View Full Version : a swift one - Beer list for Navigation's festival: showcasing ale from Norfolk and Ca

Blog Tracker
17-09-2014, 21:50
Visit the a swift one site (http://www.aswiftone.com/2014/09/beer-list-for-navigations-festival.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BevLpIwTmyo/VBngd_F1r8I/AAAAAAAABho/NM-BVD-tB3I/s1600/100_0320.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BevLpIwTmyo/VBngd_F1r8I/AAAAAAAABho/NM-BVD-tB3I/s1600/100_0320.jpg)

Navigation Tavern beer festival September 25-28

There are a handful of beer festivals which I eagerly anticipate and The Navigation Tavern's is one of them.
Fortunately, for me, the festival in Mirfield is just round the corner and not some distant diary date. It starts next Thursday (September 25) at 2pm.
This edition's theme is beers drawn from Norfolk and Cambridgeshire. I'm not overly familiar with the two areas, apart from Oakham Ales, but I'm sure Kevin and Derrick will steer me in the right direction as usual.
But to whet your appetite, The Bloke from Hull has come up trumps with the beer list:
Buntingford Breweryfrom Royston
Royston Red 4.8% ABV - Supremely hoppy citrus character with an underlying malty-sweetness. Brewed with a magical blend of wheat & barley malts, and a heady cocktail of hops from the USA, chosen to pack a citrus punch.
Elgoods Breweryfrom Wisbech, Cambs
Black Dog Mild 3.6% ABV - An award-winning cask conditioned traditional dark mild. Well balanced malt and hops gives a pleasant aroma and taste, with splendid roasted bitter flavours.
Indian Summer 4.8% ABV -Indian Summer is a mid-golden ale with a sweet malty background and a prominent hoppy flavour.
Fat Cat Breweryfrom Norwich
Hell Cat 4.1% ABV - Low-colour and local, gently-malted East Anglian barley gives a light, fruity base, with plenty of body. Hell Cat gets its kick from the blend of American hops, packed with bright, citrus flavours. Most of these are added late on in the brew, giving great taste without too much bitterness.
Honey Ale 4.3% ABV - A golden coloured ale, combining the full flavour of English pale and crystal malts with Norfolk honey, giving a sweetish, yet full-flavoured ale. The spicy notes of Aurora hops combine well with the honey to give a smooth finish.
IPA 6.4% ABV - A beautifully balanced ale, in the style of the traditional lPA of the days of the British Raj.
Big pale-malt flavours of honeyed biscuit combine beautifully with powerful citrus hops to give ultimate
refreshment and satisfactlon
Top Cat 4.8% ABV - Full flavoured, toffee-coloured beer - a bit like a slightly toasted flapjack with a thin spread of bitter rnarrnalade on top!
Golden Triangle Brewery from Barford, Norwich
Citropolis 3.9% ABV - Pale hoppy bitter brewed with Citra hop.
Mosaic City 4.1% ABV - Single hopped pale ale with bold character and flavour. Notes of peach mango lemon and pine and a clean dry finish
Grain Brewery from Alburgh, Norfolk

Redwood 4.8% ABV- A rich red premium bitter that beautifully balances roasted malts with sherbet
grapefruit hoppiness.
Porter 5.0% ABV - An old-style porter. Smooth and creamy, with the flavour of dark berries.
India Pale Ale 6.5% ABV - A traditional strong and hoppy India pale ale, brewed with the finest English Maris Otter pale ale malt to give a full-bodied malty character.
Humpty Dumpty Brewery from Reedham, Norfolk

Broadland Sunrise 4.2% ABV - Broadland Sunrise is red-orange in colour and is brewed with additions of crystal malt and rye, giving it a complex malty flavour and a refreshing dry finish. The beer is hopped with a combination of English and North American hops, giving it a refined bitterness well balanced against the complexity of the malt bill.
Swallowtail 4.0% ABV - is a light and refreshing summer seasonal with a balanced bitter finish.
Jo C's Norfolk Ales from West Barsham, Norfolk
Norfolk Kiwi 3.8% ABV - Norfolk Kiwi was the first beer to be brewed by Jo C's Norfolk Ales. An easy-drinking session bitter, it's made using the finest locally-grown Maris Otter barley and wheat, giving it a golden straw colour. This is blended with generous helpings of English and New Zealand hops, to give it that unique Kiwi flavour and aroma.
Bitter Old Bustard 4.3% ABV - Bitter Old Bustard is the second beer to be created and brewed in Jo C's Norfolk Ale brewery. This russet coloured ale carries warm nutty biscuit flavours coming through a smooth malt body. Bitter old Bustard is given a delicious hoppy balance with three of England's finest varieties.
Mile Tree Brewery from Wisbech St Mary, Norfolk
Adventurer 4.0% ABV - Golden full flavoured beer with a ripe fruitiness and hop character.
Wellstream 4.9% ABV - Ruby brown full bodied malty beer with a deep bittersweet finish.
Milton Brewery from Cambridge
Justinian 3.9% ABV - Crisp pale bronze-coloured bitter. Attractive bitter orange flavours persist into a satisfying lasting finish.
Minerva 4.6% ABV - Golden ale. Brewed with US, NZ and British hops for a powerful hop punch and satisfying bitterness. First brewed in collaboration with Prof. Mary Beard when it was felt that some feminine wisdom could usefully be added to the range.
Nero 5.0% ABV - A satisfying, full-flavoured black brew with a good balance of malt, roast and fruit. Bittersweet flavours carry through to a dry finish.
Oakham Ales from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
JHB (Jeffrey Hudson Bitter) 3.8% ABV - A golden beer whose aroma is dominated by hops that give characteristic citrus notes. Hops and fruit on the palate are balanced by malt and a bitter base. Dry hoppy finish with soft fruit flavours.
Citra 4.2 ABV - A light refreshing beer with pungent grapefruit, lychee and gooseberry aromas leading to a dry bitter finish.
Star Brewing Company from Market Deeping
Comet 3.8% ABV - Pale, straw-coloured refreshing session bitter that combines finest English barley and three American hop varieties to give a zesty bitterness and citrus aromas.
Orion 4.7% ABV - Rich chestnut malty best bitter with some hop character. Mid strength and nicely balanced thanks to carefully selected English malts and a blend of World hop varieties.
Solus 4.7% ABV • The first brew in our Solus series. Each Solus beer shares the same malt body and Magnum bittering hop but showcases a different flavour hop each time. First up is Sorachi Ace - An American hop giving lemon, floral, tea, dill and coriander characters.
Tydd Steam Brewery from Tydd St Giles I Cambridgeshire
Swedish Blonde 4.1% ABV - Golden refreshing best bitter with a floral citrus background and zesty
lemon/pepper finish.
Stargazer 4.2% ABV - A deep golden best bitter. Malt and hops combine to give a combination of light toffee, marmalade and orange fruit flavours. Cosmic!

The Navigation Tavern is just off Mirfield Railway station at 6 Station Road WF14 8NL.

More... (http://www.aswiftone.com/2014/09/beer-list-for-navigations-festival.html)