PDA

View Full Version : Adverts that cause the maps to flip

sheffield hatter
10-09-2014, 15:13
Does anyone know how to stop the incredibly annoying adverts that cause the maps to flip? Every time it happens and then flips back, all the map points disappear. It's driving me into a homicidal rage, and believe me someone is going to get hurt.:moremad::moremad::moremad:

Quinno
10-09-2014, 20:35
Use Firefox and install Adblockplus :D

Not that I want to deprive Dave of a few pence but I think I pay my way in site admin and contributions to the cause ;)

Dave M
10-09-2014, 20:48
Use Firefox and install Adblockplus :D

Not that I want to deprive Dave of a few pence but I think I pay my way in site admin and contributions to the cause ;)
When I get the chance (not for at least another week) I am going to make it so that logged in members of the site don't get shown ads in the same way as the forum currently works. I've been meaning to do it for a while and keep forgetting!

The thing with encouraging ad block software is that it may well be depriving hundreds of other webmasters of a few pennies when you visit their sites too.

Dave M
10-09-2014, 20:57
Does anyone know how to stop the incredibly annoying adverts that cause the maps to flip? Every time it happens and then flips back, all the map points disappear.
Horrified to hear an ad is having that effect, just changed a setting that may reduce the frequency that it is being shown.

sheffield hatter
10-09-2014, 21:40
Horrified to hear an ad is having that effect, just changed a setting that may reduce the frequency that it is being shown.

Too late! I've installed Simple Adblock. Sorry! (It was either that or completely blow my top, and you wouldn't want to be responsible for that. :evilgrin:)

PS Sorry for interrupting your holiday!

Quinno
10-09-2014, 22:26
The thing with encouraging ad block software is that it may well be depriving hundreds of other webmasters of a few pennies when you visit their sites too.

Not if you make sure you allow ads on certain sites, a quick two-click process with AB+. I make sure I do for certain enterprises which I use as a regular 'extractive' customer. But I appreciate I am in a tiny minority and even then I'm not perfect.