PDA

View Full Version : Special Offer

Eddie86
25-03-2010, 16:20
Afternoon all,

A bit of a test that Conrad has allowed me to do, which is to offer a special offer to users of the forum.

As many of you know, Cask Ale Week is starting on Monday 29th March. We're offering all our rooms at discounted rates to forum users. There are two options available:

1) Single room rate instead of double, still includes breakfast for both, and also includes £10 of ale vouchers to use at the bar.:drinkup:

2) 3 nights for the price of two, to which we'll add £20 of vouchers which can be put towards food or drink.:bemerry:

These offers are available from Monday 29th to Thursday 1st April. If you're interested in staying for Easter weekend please just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.:pray:

To take advantage, just PM the dates your interested in staying. All questions welcomed as well.

Cheers!:cheers:

RogerB
25-03-2010, 16:35
If I had the time free I would certainly give the 3 for 2 offer a go - I haven't been out that way for some time. Sadly my diary is booked for a couple of evenings next week and I wouldn't be able to take advantage. A nice gesture though - perhaps another time.

Tilly-Miss
25-03-2010, 18:51
Roger where is the venue please

Conrad
25-03-2010, 18:56
Ed runs Kilverts in Hay-on-Wye, Kilverts official site (http://www.kilverts.co.uk/), PG link (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55326/).

Oggwyn Trench
25-03-2010, 20:21
Great offer Ed , if only i had the time :(

Eddie86
26-03-2010, 14:45
Thanks for the feedback, I'll give a bit more notice next time!

Shame to waste the thread, so here are all the beers we're hoping to sell during the week:

Breconshire Brewery
Kilvert's Gold, 3.7%, traditional Welsh Pale Mild (House Ale)
Red Dragon, 4.7%, Ruby ale
Rambler's Ruin, 5.0%, Champion Old Ale (National Winter Ales Fest 2010)

Otley Brewery
O-Garden, 4.8% Clear Wheat Beer
Columb-O (04), 4.0%, Pale Golden Ale

Wye Valley Brewery
Butty Bach, 4.5%, Burnished Gold Premium Ale
HPA, 4.0%, Pale Ale
Dorothy Goodbody's Golden Ale, 4.2% Golden Ale

Mayfield's Brewery
Copper Fox, 3.8%, Copper coloured session ale (NEW BREW)
Naughty Nells, 4.2%, Best Bitter (soon to be retired)
Ducking Stool, 4.4% Golden Ale

Rhymney Brewery
Export Ale 5.0%

Brains
Rev James, 4.5%, Premium Ale

Titanic Brewery
Black Ice, 4.1%, Mild

Hobsons Brewery
Mild, 3.2%
Town Crier, 4.5% Golden Ale
Twisted Spire, 3.6% Vibrant Blond Beer

Bragdy Nant
Mwnci Nel, 5.9%, Dark Winter Ale - Champion Old Ale at Welsh Winter Ales Festival

Jennings
Snecklifter, 5.1% Strong Ale
Cumberland Ale, 4.0% Golden Ale
Golden Host 4.3% Seasonal Ale

Vale Brewery
Gravitas 4.8%, Pale Premium Hoppy Bitter (3rd in Champion Beer of Britain 2008)

Thwaites
Lancaster Bomber, 4.4% Chestnut coloured ale

Wadworth
Bishop's Tipple, 5.0% Golden Ale

Last year we sold 21 different guest ales over the week. This year I'd like to sell all 24 found above. Sadly we only have the 5 Handpumps, rather than the planned 8, but I'm still positive!

Enjoy, and Cheers!

Conrad
26-03-2010, 14:58
I am now really suffering the urge for a Friday (late) lunchtime drink :drinkup:

trainman
26-03-2010, 15:42
Aaahhh, the elusive (round 'ere, or anywhere else I've been) Butty Bach! One day, one day...

Oggwyn Trench
26-03-2010, 18:18
Aaahhh, the elusive (round 'ere, or anywhere else I've been) Butty Bach! One day, one day...

Its bloody lovely

Eddie86
26-03-2010, 22:55

PM me with your address...

trainman
27-03-2010, 07:58
PM me with your address...
Eddie that sounds like a kind offer, but I fear would be tantamount to cheating.
My search for Butty Bach has taken on something a mythical nature. The Argonauts had it easy...

Eddie86
27-03-2010, 08:27
Lol, fair enough.

I promised myself this year that I would do completely random acts of kindness, as part of my 'feel better about myself' plan. About a month ago a friend on another forum wrote that he'd broken his favourite glass, so I sent him a bottle and one of our glasses. Felt good for a couple of weeks after that.

Turns out it is nice to be nice ~ although with a staff meet this morning I may feel differently.

hopwas
27-03-2010, 11:38
Ed runs Kilverts in Hay-on-Wye, Kilverts official site (http://www.kilverts.co.uk/), PG link (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55326/).

:eek::eek::eek:

I actually visited Eddie's pub way back in 2006 when me and parents visited Hay-On-Wye. Didn't realise it was Kilverts until I saw the photographs.

Eddie, were you working there in 2006?

Eddie86
27-03-2010, 12:04
We took over November 13th 2006, so possibly but unlikely. I've got a picture of the bar the day we took over here somewhere....

Guess which picture came first!

As a bonus, we're in the Inde's cask ale week supplement today as well:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/national-cask-ale-week-29-march5-april-1928600.html

Conrad
27-03-2010, 12:50
So was there any fire damage when you took over :whistle:

Oggwyn Trench
27-03-2010, 13:16

Cruel ...... but funny

hopwas
27-03-2010, 14:36
We took over November 13th 2006, so possibly but unlikely. I've got a picture of the bar the day we took over here somewhere....

Guess which picture came first!

As a bonus, we're in the Inde's cask ale week supplement today as well:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/national-cask-ale-week-29-march5-april-1928600.html

Blimey! Thats big change there, Eddie.

We visited Hay in June 2006 and in Oct 2007 (didnt drop in your pub sadly...). Also went to Old Black Lion, Wheatsheaf where we had a lunch and Blue Boar. Always liked Hay On Wye as I am massive bookworm especially that World's Largest Bookshop, Booth's.

I'll drop in Kilverts next time I visit Hay.

hopwas
27-03-2010, 14:37

I'll make sure I'll drop in unaccounced so Eddie wouldn't know it is me.. :whistle:

Eddie86
27-03-2010, 16:17
I'll make sure I'll drop in unaccounced so Eddie wouldn't know it is me.. :whistle:

It's ok, when you order a pint and I tell you how much it is, I'll know it's you by the 'in JDW you can get...' face you adopt :D

Should have some good news about our ale prices on Monday. Sadly it's bad news for the Guinness drinkers...

RogerB
28-03-2010, 08:53

Isn't that Brian Clough in the first picture?

Eddie86
28-03-2010, 10:11
Isn't that Brian Clough in the first picture?

I'll ask my Dad who Brian Clough is and judge his reaction before I get back to you...

Eddie86
29-03-2010, 18:05
A surprise bit of good news - the 3 extra ale pumps arrived today (planned install date - next month sometime) and I'd mis-measured. So they are now fully installed, leaving us with 6 ale pumps and 2 cider pumps :D

Just in time for the launch party tonight, stroke of luck!