PDA

View Full Version : More bad news for Moby

london calling
27-08-2014, 20:02
I know you were disappointed that the Harp has changed hands but now another of your favourite pubs the Gunmakers Clerkenwell has been sold by Jeff the landlord.No details yet but agree a small but special pub.

Aqualung
27-08-2014, 20:26
I know you were disappointed that the Harp has changed hands but now another of your favourite pubs the Gunmakers Clerkenwell has been sold by Jeff the landlord.No details yet but agree a small but special pub.
That's annoying for me also as it was one of the few Central London pubs that I wanted to revisit, a word used in the loosest sense as the one time I went there was about 40 years ago when it did a good pint of Bass which in those days was a sought after beer in London.

Mobyduck
27-08-2014, 20:45
:(:mad::moremad:

aleandhearty
28-08-2014, 14:03
Hey, Moby. It could have been worse - Siren might have gone into administration! :D

Mobyduck
28-08-2014, 18:13
Hey, Moby. It could have been worse - Siren might have gone into administration! :D
They say bad things happen in threes :eek:

Quinno
28-08-2014, 21:41
He's got another one now - Fulham, is it?

Aqualung
28-08-2014, 22:01
I'm sure someone told me last Saturday whilst consuming numerous pints of the superb Redemption Big Chief that Dark Star had sold out to Greene King and that all brewing was moving to Bury St Edmunds with immediate effect. I'm certain that's what they said. Surely I couldn't have got it wrong?

Mobyduck
28-08-2014, 22:10
I'm sure someone told me last Saturday whilst consuming numerous pints of the superb Redemption Big Chief that Dark Star had sold out to Greene King and that all brewing was moving to Bury St Edmunds with immediate effect. I'm certain that's what they said. Surely I couldn't have got it wrong?
That Big Chief is some mighty powerful medicine.

london calling
29-08-2014, 00:15
Maybe does happen in three,s .Tonight I went in one of my fav pubs the Fox and Anchor Smithfield only to find 2 Youngs beers and Sambrookes wandle.Typical Youngs beers and found they bought the pub about a month ago.Bad news for me.

hondo
29-08-2014, 07:52
He's got another one now - Fulham, is it?

The Finborough Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22928/)

Quinno
29-08-2014, 09:18

Ha ha they stitched you up like a kipper!

Mobyduck
29-08-2014, 19:44
Maybe does happen in three,s .Tonight I went in one of my fav pubs the Fox and Anchor Smithfield only to find 2 Youngs beers and Sambrookes wandle.Typical Youngs beers and found they bought the pub about a month ago.Bad news for me.
Hadn't been here for about three years (all to do with three's) but did like the place, I suspect no longer.
Is London going down the pan so to speak? :eek:

Mobyduck
07-09-2014, 19:05
Was in The Gunnies (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23325/) for the farewell party last night,a great night, on the upside Jeff is going to remain in control for another three weeks while the sale has a couple of bits ironed out, under the new regime it will become more of a winebar/cocktail joint I am led to believe although I also believe a couple of handpumps will be retained, we shall have to see how it turns out, also spent some time earlier in the day with Jeff in his newer venture The Finborough (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22928/), its pretty good and the beer was excellent, all is not lost.