PDA

View Full Version : Schaden Freude Corner

oldboots
22-08-2014, 19:26
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731184/Marco-Pierre-White-sells-gastro-pub-mass-walkout-staff-rebellion-locals.html

Hahahaha :D

Hope he lost a shed load of cash too :D

Aqualung
22-08-2014, 20:05
As someone who slated "TV celebrity chefs" and yet ended up in car crash shows like Hell's Kitchen AND advertising overpriced stock cubes, it's hard to feel any sympathy for him at all. Perhaps this thread should have included a poll as to who is the biggest Aerosol Pierre-Shite or Gormless Ramsay.

ETA
22-08-2014, 20:33
It's the locals Ifeel sorry for, having their pub messed around like that.

oldboots
22-08-2014, 21:08
As someone who slated "TV celebrity chefs" and yet ended up in car crash shows like Hell's Kitchen AND advertising overpriced stock cubes, it's hard to feel any sympathy for him at all. Perhaps this thread should have included a poll as to who is the biggest Aerosol Pierre-Shite or Gormless Ramsay.

Fox / Morrisey?

Quinno
22-08-2014, 22:02
I weren't too impressed with his Berkshire effort: Carnarvon Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1513/)

Farway
23-08-2014, 12:56
I weren't too impressed with his Berkshire effort: Carnarvon Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1513/)

I have never been in since the Newbury bypass was built, at that time it was a normal, if foody pub, but given location that was to be expected

Lady Grey
25-08-2014, 21:01
Maybe there's hope for The Frogmill Inn, Andoversford after all!

Lady Grey
25-08-2014, 21:08

Jamie Oliver without a doubt. Oh well, bang goes my OBE!

Aqualung
25-08-2014, 21:58
Jamie Oliver without a doubt. Oh well, bang goes my OBE!

I've always found Jamie Oliver less annoying than other TV chefs, at least you can make some sort of sense of his recipes.
The most annoying thing recently was that his shows were sponsored by Uncle Ben's rice, a part of the Mars conglomerate. Whenever he cooked a dish with rice it showed him using Uncle Ben's rice even though I am 100% certain he would never use this overpriced tat either at home or in one of his restaurants.
I seem to recall seeing something recently where Mr Mullet from Spoons was taking a pop at him for offering too much money for rents. Somehow I rather doubt that his accountants would let him anywhere near negotiations like that as he would probably offer the toss of a coin to decide whether to double or half the rent.

trainman
26-08-2014, 12:32
The most annoying thing recently...
I don't mind Jamie but my 'most annoying thing recently' was his use of the word 'pimp' as a verb or adverb in his 15/30 min menu shows. "We're gonna pimp this up with the addition of xyz...". FFS Jamie, just who do you think is your market audience for this sort of show? Let me tell you, it's not the sort of folk who talk BOLLOCKS like that!