PDA

View Full Version : JDW Trivia

oldboots
24-03-2010, 16:55
Here's a bit of trivia for you JDW fans and experts, I was in Ipswich last week and there are two 'spoons across the road from each other plus a third one two or three hundred yards away. So that got me thinking I wonder if these are the closest and are there any others plus of course why would they want two pubs almost next to each other?

ROBCamra
24-03-2010, 17:22
Here's a bit of trivia for you JDW fans and experts, I was in Ipswich last week and there are two 'spoons across the road from each other plus a third one two or three hundred yards away. So that got me thinking I wonder if these are the closest and are there any others plus of course why would they want two pubs almost next to each other?

The Standing Order & The Thomas Leaper in Derby are next door to each other, they share a wall!

You don't get much closer than that. :p

The Babbington Arms is about 300 yards away.

hopwas
24-03-2010, 17:37
The Standing Order & The Thomas Leaper in Derby are next door to each other, they share a wall!

That's what I thought!

Birmingham's Solomon Culter and Wetherspoon's can be viewed each other. Both are under one min walking each other on same street. Also Figure of Eight is further 1 min walk down the street.
Lichfield's Gate House and The Acorn are few mins of walking apart.

My very own Silk Kite and the Bole Bridge are about 3 to 4 mins walk from each other.

Oggwyn Trench
24-03-2010, 17:56
The Shrewsbury Hotel and Montgomerys Tower are not that far apart

aleandhearty
24-03-2010, 19:57
The good folk of Leeds seem to like the Wetherspoons concept. There are four very close to each other, in the city centre. Taking Beckett's Bank as a centrepoint, the 'spoons in the train station and The Cuthbert Broderick are both 0.2 miles away and The Stick or Twist 0.3 miles. 'Hoppy' heaven?

Oggwyn Trench
24-03-2010, 20:37
The 2 in Chester almost back on to each other

rpadam
24-03-2010, 20:55
Similarly the two in Romford - the Moon and Stars (Wetherspoon) and World's Inn (Lloyds No 1) are just two doors apart...

RogerB
25-03-2010, 09:12
The Moon Under Water on Deansgate on Manchester is virtually 3 Wetherspoons pubs in one. It was (not sure if it still is) the biggest pub in the country.

The 2 in Dartford are just a couple of minutes walk apart. The Willow Walk in Victoria is also just a couple of hundred yards from the one on the station.

hondo
25-03-2010, 10:16
Doncaster has 3 within 0.1 miles & carlisle 2 within 0 miles

Farway
25-03-2010, 11:43
Portsmouth has the Isambard Kingdom Brunel very close to the White Swan, both are JDW, but are chalk & cheese luckily

ROBCamra
25-03-2010, 12:01
Doncaster has 3 within 0.1 miles & carlisle 2 within 0 miles

The 2 Spoons in Carlisle are both on Botchergate a few door apart. Botchergate is Carlisls main "bar" street.

They close Botchergate to traffic on Saturday nights despite the fact it's a major thoroughfare to stop the drunken numpties from getting run over.