PDA

View Full Version : Something of use from the other side

Mobyduck
07-08-2014, 07:06
When planning a pub trip somewhere I am not familiar with, (I am going to Salisbury today) I normally use PUG and Whatpub to gather the necessary info and then transfer it to a map, one feature on Bite I still use is the nearby pubs link, once you have your pubs down on a map I find this feature very useful to get an easy idea of distance between pubs, especially if there are a couple out on a limb somewhere, I find it very easy to use,does anyone else find this useful and is there any scope for something similar on PUG?

Blackthorn
07-08-2014, 08:52
Agreed, I always found that very useful and it would be nice if we could have something similar here.

Strongers
07-08-2014, 11:04
I just use the pub map to see the local pubs that are also listed at the bottom of the pub's main page.

Farway
07-08-2014, 12:33
When planning a pub trip somewhere I am not familiar with, (I am going to Salisbury today) I normally use PUG and Whatpub to gather the necessary info and then transfer it to a map, one feature on Bite I still use is the nearby pubs link, once you have your pubs down on a map I find this feature very useful to get an easy idea of distance between pubs, especially if there are a couple out on a limb somewhere, I find it very easy to use,does anyone else find this useful and is there any scope for something similar on PUG?

Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones

Mobyduck
07-08-2014, 19:46
Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones
Thank you, just got back 20 mins ago, did 9 pubs and out of those probably wouldn't bother with four of them next time, but all in all a good day and not a bad beer quality -wise anywhere ( although a couple were on the bland side) regardless of the pub.

ETA
12-08-2014, 07:04
[QUOTE=Farway;67075]Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones[/QUOTE

Timing - Moby and Maldenman both did the Salisbury pubs while I was out of the country. Quinno was in my local as well.

Mobyduck
13-08-2014, 22:46
[QUOTE=Farway;67075]Hope you enjoyed Salisbury, there are some nice pubs there, and some awful ones[/QUOTE

Timing - Moby and Maldenman both did the Salisbury pubs while I was out of the country. Quinno was in my local as well.
Nothing personal. :D